Scammell Explorer Gallery

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favourite at Duxford this year ! :-D Something went wrong...

This is the diesel version....? 35 mph? 12 mpg!!??:shocked: bloomin heck think i might get rid of the car..... no need for it.... may as well take the scammell :-D

Call that an Explorer, naw,---- this is an Explorer.

The secret weapon for REME no-one talked about, the turbo-driven go-faster one-off Scammell.

Not sure whether FVRDE had a hand in it, but the idea was to hold all that power in check and to keep the front end from lifting under acceleration.

Special sideboards to smooth wind-resistance and a roof aerofoil which doubles as a cargo box if required.

The raised hatch on the rear acts as a parachute, deployed from the cab at will, for braking!

It didn’t catch on, so, I believe, only one was made.

The shape of the sloping exit rear board suggests it was possibly amphibious, too!

Mike.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Explorer posh bunker 02.jpg

Call that an Explorer, naw,---- this is an Explorer.

The secret weapon for REME no-one talked about, the turbo-driven go-faster one-off Scammell.

Not sure whether FVRDE had a hand in it, but the idea was to hold all that power in check and to keep the front end from lifting under acceleration.

Special sideboards to smooth wind-resistance and a roof aerofoil which doubles as a cargo box if required.

The raised hatch on the rear acts as a parachute, deployed from the cab at will, for braking!

It didn’t catch on, so, I believe, only one was made.

The shape of the sloping exit rear board suggests it was possibly amphibious, too!

Mike.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Oh my goodness ! What were they thinking ! Or drinking ! :-D

I think thats the worlds biggest laptop open on the rear locker... looks like they were way ahead in the communications department in 1950:shocked:

No!

Solar panel for hybrid electric power!

Still Scammell way ahead of their time.

Just watched this and dreamed of what it will be like to get Daisy out on the road once more ! Now the decorating is completed its back to the paintng after War and Peace ! YIPPEE ! :-D Something went wrong...

Original petrol engine very nice ,but does the green goddess double up as a fuel bowser :-D:-D

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

Thats very nice,did you see the way it tried to get into that petrol station:-DI am looking for one of those little caravans.