Scammell Explorer Gallery

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ceacked block - No Antifreeze. It was OK when they bought it from John Marshall, but they sha99ed it through lackl of care....allegedly

I have seen two Meadows with frost damage, in both cases it was just a split in the large bolt on aluminium plate down one side of the block- they may be lucky.

A bit of Explorer off roading, but where. I don't do Korean!

http://kr.blog.yahoo.com/shinecommerce/16936.html?p=8&t=2

The owner of that Explorer drove it down from Darby to Bordon just for the day, his name escapes me but he was very enthusiastic and certainly knew how to drive it!

I can be spotted in the background videoing it for HMVFTV.

Hi

Anybody know who bought the explorer that was in the courtyard of the noath fort in weymouth?:??? Think they sold it about 3 years ago and i also think it was fully kitted out. The cab was knackerd as it had been stood by the sea for years. They sold it cos they could not look after it. Just wonderd what happened to it?

Rob.

Hi - do any of you lot have little people you need to attatch to the seat for rally runs :cool2: I have an excitable three year old who is now in a booster seat - I am thinking of getting an old style seat belt (series etc) to fasten him in with but am having real problems getting hold of one.

Do any of you know where I can get one from :???

Or do you have ideas as to how to attatch modern car seat to old truck so it is fixed, explorer brakes do not make the front of the truck dive enough to make modern seat belts lock :??? - although being hit by another explorer does but that is a whole other story Wife is anti shackles and rachet straps and rear end collisions !!:rofl:

Suggestions greatfully received ?

Hi - do any of you lot have little people you need to attatch to the seat for rally runs :cool2: I have an excitable three year old who is now in a booster seat - I am thinking of getting an old style seat belt (series etc) to fasten him in with but am having real problems getting hold of one.

Do any of you know where I can get one from :???

Or do you have ideas as to how to attatch modern car seat to old truck so it is fixed, explorer brakes do not make the front of the truck dive enough to make modern seat belts lock :??? - although being hit by another explorer does but that is a whole other story Wife is anti shackles and rachet straps and rear end collisions !!:rofl:

Suggestions greatfully received ?

Thor have a look here- cheers, Daz

www.paddockspares.com

www.brookwell.co.uk

www.connectstores.com/lr

www.dls-uk.co.uk

BUT!!

Maltings Land Rover do a 3 point belt designed for the centre seat of a landy with a bulkhead to attach the belt to. You could obviously use part of the cab frame and floor. Here is their ebay address for that product: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LANDROVER-DEFENDER-CENTRE-SEAT-BELT-CONVERSION-3-POINT_W0QQitemZ150297513256QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item150297513256&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1299%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

6x4??? Nice motor nonetheless. :-D

Yeah, well, Mr. Jarman is a photographer not a vehicle expert and quite a few of his 'photos are incorrectly described. He has, however, kindly given me permission to post a few of his pix on here.(And he was out with his camera at many shows over the past 15 years)

Edited by 6 X 6

Yeah, well, Mr. Jarman is a photographer not a vehicle expert and quite a few of his 'photos are incorrectly described. He has, however, kindly given me permission to post a few of his pix on here.(And he was out with his camera at many shows over the past 15 years)

I've seen several of his great photos all over the place. Don't know anything about him though. Is he a professional photographer? He certainly seems to have attended many shows over the years.

Edited by daz76

Here's a nice combination I found today on this site http://www.travellerhomes.co.uk/?s=82 ! 2408_1000w.jpg

This is my first post (on any forum, ever) so please excuse any rookie mistakes!

I knew the couple that owned this rig at the time the picture was taken. Unfortunately it was stolen from them and the police were unable to help - it was apparently never seen again.

I have of a few photos of military vehicles from my past life "on the road", I will get them scanned and posted when I get the chance (and teach myself how to do it)...

Welcome to the forum Grey area. You'll find lots of like minded folk here! Make sure you say hello on the introductions and welcomes thread. Would love to see those photos when you get the time. Incidentally, when was this photo taken? what on earth happened to the Scammell!! Not like you can just hide it behind a bush is it? Anyway, great to have another member. Cheers. Daz :-D