Great all info and pics gone

Adam Elkins

I know how you feel mate.A lot of time and effort put in here by a lot of people.And all wiped out.Someone needs to know that old saying of.If is is'nt broke,then dont try to fix it!.I think a lot of people are going to be off of posting after this debacle!.

Yeah we can all bitch, and I'm muttering. but if we are supposed to be spanner jockeys and military historians and genral scrap happy loonies. WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY, WE CAN REBUILD IT. HARDER,FASTER,FITTER, as long as it dont cost $6,000,000

I know how you feel mate.A lot of time and effort put in here by a lot of people.And all wiped out.Someone needs to know that old saying of.If is is'nt broke,then dont try to fix it!.I think a lot of people are going to be off of posting after this debacle!.

Just for the record. This hasn't been a good day for us and if you are fedup - then step into my shoes for five minutes. As stated before - this was due to a major error from our Host - they made a mistake and deleted our account. We are extremely lucky that we have only lost 10 weeks and not everything since the beginning.

Yes people may be fedup and may not post again and I am sorry for that but that is your decision. I have put many many 1000's of hours and many many 1000s of pounds into HMVF to make it FREE and educational - I would expect some courtesy and patients towards me and to Joris and the mods - and you are p*ssed off??!

Jack

Sh*t, as they say, happens.

I can only sympathise with the admin team, who must spend hours of their time to look after this site and keep us lot under some sort of "control".

If we had all payed a subscription to the site we might be entitled to a whinge, but as a free site we should thank the guys for getting it back up so quickly in as good a state as it is.

Yes, it's a pity so much was lost, but lets get over it and start posting again.

Steve.

not just hmvf screwed up but I tried logging onto the ww2 reenacting forum only to find I got redirected to a list of sites telling me why I should convert to islam,probably give that one a miss

Nigel

The scary bit Nigel is that we share the same host/server - think a lot of sites have had this problem.

Jack and all the contributors.......I have made friends through this site and learned a huge amount about my Ferret. I have in turn, hopefully helped others out. A bit of lost information is not going to change much afterall, it is still out there somewhere. I am just grateful that there are people out there who are willing to put in so much effort to promote HMVF for the free use by everyone.

Dave.

ps, I think it was done to save posting out the HMVF flags.........

Deeply disappointing for everyone. But we are all mates here and we'll get the thing back to being better not just as good as it was in short order. There are things which I, as chief Luddite, haven't sussed out yet; and there are things which are obviously missing which will reappear in good time. We can afford to be patient. What has happened to the other forums is a tragedy and I hope they recover.

I think the best thing we can all do is trawl through our emails and PMs and find ways to contact everyone we know to get them back on line. Keep your old name, just accept the new password to start with and then change it to your chosen one. I am still Snapper. Which reminds me, I found a boxed Polaroid Swinger II camera (my first ever camera) in my loft today as well as bits of my old train set....some good things have happened....Move on up..

MB

Well done J & J you've done a bloody corkin' job on gtting the old horse back on its feet so quick... If i wore a hat i'd be doffing it now... per ardua ad astra and all that...

This place is is only so good 'cause all of us (under the steady hands at the tiller) have made it so... we've done it before & we'll do it again by jingo

"Hey kids we don't need a theatre... we can put the show on right here!"