Wehrmacht soldiers and vehicles

abn deuce

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool.

I've got a large collection of photo's of German (used) cars and trucks.

C`mon don`t be shy old boy, post away. I belive i too have some but are packed away at the mo.

I shall have to try and dig them out.

Ashley

pic of truck with sloping grill guard,film 4, I think is a Steyr 640/643 ambulance or command car.

pic of truck, Wh 54033 film 4 is I believe a Krupp L2H143.

pic of truck, with guy in goggles on helmet, film 4 could be either Horch or Opel Kfz.15

Pic of halftrack with front wheels 'airborne', is Sd.Kfz.6 5 ton Bussing-NAG

Will have a look at the other clips soon-ish.

Great set, nice find. :-)

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

First the German caption translated by babelfish then shorter english caption

German: Description of original in federal archives: Exercise, tank close fight Scherl picture service training with the armored infantry division " Großdeutschland" , which consists predominantly of volunteers from all gaus of the realm and who run in this war unsterblichen fame to their flags attached. The training of the replacement for this nuclear troop, which " at the spare brigade, is particularly careful and versatile; Großdeutschland" , the homeland troop unit of the fame-rich division, takes place. UBz.: Tank close fight at the driving model. Completely systematically practicing at the driving follows the training at the standing model. The explosive charge is attached at the tank model dazzled by nebula hand grenades photo: Schwahn 5.11.43 5558-43 5558-43 [Germany, training at spare substitution of the armored infantry division " Großdeutschland" , Tank fight. English: A German mock-up of T-34 tank, for training, upon a chassis of the Polish tankette TKS

788px-Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-J083622.jpg

• 3 months later...

That's a lot more interesting, than some of the 'Tourist' Photo's I have taken in France!......................................:rofl:

a military vehicle parade in Paris 1942 with a verity of vehicles

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-256-1228-102.jpg

Additive: France, Paris. - " parade of the armed forces, vehicles of the SS-Leibstandarte; Adolf Hitler" , among other things Porsche amphibious vehicle (" Schwimmkübel"); PK 696

The symbol on the lead Schwimmwagen isn't LSSAH, that was shield shaped. Assuming it is SS, I am afraid my memory of div signs is long gone. I was going to suggest Wiking but I am sure they were in Russia in 1942 and on second thoughts wasn't their badge a circular swastika? No good. Had to Google it. Got the Wiking badge right.

No I have better things to do (like pretend to work).

No, Wiki gave me all the SS divisional badges and it isn't there.

The symbol on the lead Schwimmwagen isn't LSSAH, that was shield shaped. Assuming it is SS, I am afraid my memory of div signs is long gone. I was going to suggest Wiking but I am sure they were in Russia in 1942 and on second thoughts wasn't their badge a circular swastika? No good. Had to Google it. Got the Wiking badge right.

No I have better things to do (like pretend to work).

No, Wiki gave me all the SS divisional badges and it isn't there.

Isnt that a Tac sign on the Lead Veh, & not a regimental Unit Insignia.

I THINK it's a Recce Tac sign.

Might be wrong...................:coffee: