British Armoured Vehicle

abn deuce

373280147_9cf6399d17.jpg

French caption

Le lieutenant G. Cooper, cameraman du Canadian Army Photo and Film Unit, rencontre son beau-frère, le capitaine R. Muller d’Ottawa. Photo prise le 11 juillet, rue du Général Moulin à La Maladrerie (100 m plus haut à gauche l’entrée de la prison Beaulieu).

translation

Lieutenant G. Cooper, cameraman of Canadian Army Photo and Film Links, meets his brother-in-law, captain R. Muller of Ottawa. Photo catch on July 11, street of the General Mill with Maladrerie (100 m higher on the left the entry of the Beaulieu prison).

Edited by abn deuce

a Morris light recon. here.

1453039386_c151c2bc3c-1.jpg

French caption

Un véhicule blindé Morris Light Reconnaissance Car MK II (4x4) baptisé " CAROL ", le 4 juillet 1944, devant le Monument aux morts et l'église N D des Labours de Norrey en Bessin.

Remarquez le 40 (côté avant à droite-sur la photo-un peu en dessous de l'anneau de levage, sur le blindage partie inferieure).40 blanc sur fond bleu soit HQ Royal Engineers (R.E) d'une British ID ou HQ Royal Canadian Engineers (R.C.E) de la 3rd Canadian ID.

Le même lieu a été photographié, avec un autre blindé, voir ici :

translation

An armored vehicle Morris Light Recognition Because MK II (4x4) baptized " CAROL " , on July 4, 1944, in front of the War memorial and l' church NR D of the Ploughings of Norrey in Bessin. Notice the 40 (front side with right-hand side-on the photoone little in lower part of l' ring of lifting, on the shielding lower part) .40 white on blue bottom is HQ Royal Engineers (R.E) d' British ID or HQ Royal Canadian Engineers (R.C.E) of the 3rd Canadian ID. The same place was photographed, with another armoured tank, to see here

Edited by abn deuce

A long shot,.............maybe's; Does anyone have any drawings/plans for this vehicle....

I don't have the plans,but I did build a copy of one for a mate of mine in 96. We borrowed one and I used it as a template. It is in Colchester now owned by Alex Scott. When I can suss how to do pics I'll post some.

[iMwidth=640 height=480http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh130/ivor_04/Humbers.jpg[/img]G]

[iMwidth=640 height=480http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh130/ivor_04/Humbers3.jpg'>http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh130/ivor_04/Humbers3.jpg[/img]

width=640 height=480http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh130/ivor_04/Humbers3.jpg[/img]

If this works, this is my humber staff car and the armoured car I built at Beltring this year.

Nearly got it right! The armoured car was for a mate of mine who had 4 humbers and he wanted one of these for the "set". We copied it off pics of one that the King and Queen had hence no turret. He died a few years ago and the collection got sold off, the PU that he owned was also at Beltring now owned by Tobin Jones but didn't get a pic with mine as he got flooded out and had to go home so missed our humber photocall. Alex is the one lacking hair!!

Cor,..........what happened to it ??

The Morris ended up many years ago partly dismantled in an Oxfordshire scrapyard, was rescued and restored, last heard of in the Norfolk/Suffolk area

Cheers for that, Nick;.........Glad it made it into preservation. :-)

:-) Great Pic's Ivor.

What did you build A/c on, Humber chassis or something modern ??

We had a spare FWD chassis that came off a golf course so used that. The original chassis on a LRC is slightly different but all measurements end up the same. Rear axle is a bit heavier aswell. Have got pics of building it but can't find them at the mo. Will post when they turn up.