Lady Needs a Favour

Topdog

Chaps,

There is a lady at work who has an old Landrover in her field which last ran about 4 years ago. I believe ex military, it is a V8 and I think tax exempt from the age. Papers included. I can get more details.

She wants to get rid of it and has told me that there is a mound of earth in her field that she would like flattening if anyone has something to do it with?????

It is near Maidstone, Kent. Drop me a line if you are interested in it.

Dave

if not gone i know of someone who is doing a charity run next year who needs a chassis and body ;-) that dosnt have a lot to spend in sussex :-Dso someone could have the engine and gearbox

Hi David

If it's salvageable it won't be scraped.

If it's a piglet, I'll PM you ref the chassis and body. :tup:

Markheliops

Well, neither of us had a camera when we went to see it - looks a bit sad, had been standing in a field for at least 4 years. Mark is going to pick it up sometime soon but he did run off smiling and clutching a folder full of paperwork :-D

Mark,

The Landy doesn't seem too bad, hope it is of some use to you. How much stuff was there in the paperwork??

dave

Hi David.

The big folder actually only contained a few service bills. The remainder was a LR manual. After my very quick inspection, I am hopeful I will be able to restore the Land Rover. I checked the bulk head and it would appear solid.

As you know I couldn't get the bonnet open as the hinges were seized solid but nothing a bit of WD won't cure.

I am looking forward to learning the history of the Landy and I intend to collect it soon.

Thanks for putting me on to it.

I also intend to hire a digger and remove the mound in Jan sometime.

Talk to you soon.

Mark

PS No pictures yet as didn't take a camera.