Withams latest tender

simon in a 432

A friend bid on lot 155, Bedford MJ 4x4 Cargo Turbo Diesel, RHD, 28 KF 55, and WON

My friend hasn't heard anything about the TM as of today. I would expect it has gone to a higher bidder. Most of the TM's on offer were - needing attention to say the least.

I was chatting to one of the guys at Withams and he said the TM's are not in great demand. Many people prefer the MJ's as they are less complicated - less to go wrong - excellent off road and spares are easy to come by.

I will say the road experience with the TM is better than the MJ but they do tend to go wrong more than the MJ's.

Markheliops

I know I know, a Bedford MJ looks much better, but we are (were) looking for a truck with sleeping accomodations to visit shows.

So I think the Leyland is a better drive to travel with(?). Correct me if I'm wrong.

I was looking into an MJ but I went for the truck in the best condition and to me it was this Leyland.

Over here in Belgium, Daf parts are easy to get. Bedford parts ???????

I also saw that Leyland cabins are far more "rust resistant" than Bedford ones.

Hope I made the best choice

I know I know, a Bedford MJ looks much better, but we are (were) looking for a truck with sleeping accomodations to visit shows.

So I think the Leyland is a better drive to travel with(?). Correct me if I'm wrong.

I was looking into an MJ but I went for the truck in the best condition and to me it was this Leyland.

Over here in Belgium, Daf parts are easy to get. Bedford parts ???????

I also saw that Leyland cabins are far more "rust resistant" than Bedford ones.

Hope I made the best choice

How much did you give for the Leyland??Any pics?

Sorry mate wasn't thinking copyright, I'll pm it. :bow:

The gist is that that Abro & Dlo have issued a recall for Leyland Daf trucks 4 Tonne vehicles. 2 MOD trucks have suffered failure as the right hand steering arm on the knuckle came loose causing steering failure. The 2 bolts should be checked with a torque wrench to 254 to 310 lbs. this method is remove wheel and back plates. disconnect the bottom brake shoe retaining spring only, move shoe to one side to access bolts. The top bolts can be checked without moving the top shoe. the piece was put in by Rob Jones of MVT.

Which raises a point. When the vehicles go ex service these recalls fail to reach a lot of owners. Maybe we should have 'This is what happened to me' section?

OK, as you ask for it

-> straight question, straight answer: £3050+vat (I hope this wasn't stupid) :dunno:

Here it is:

width=500 height=375http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/2175/lot92qo4.jpg[/img]

And this is the target:

width=600 height=422http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/9001/tm9qo6.jpg[/img]

That looks a nice tidy truck.And not a bad price.C+C had one for sale ealier in the year for £5500+V.A.T