A Newbie from Yorkshire

AndyT

Greetings,

I'm Andy. I used to work as a volunteer at MAT, Beverley. Fantastic behind the scenes collection held by that place! We had records and manuals that you would have all salivated at! Some kit thats not widely known such as a Brit IR device used in WW2 called Tabby and much more besides. Now I'm doing living history and airsoft (sorry) ;-) its good exercise though! In my dreams I'd love to own a jeep, carrier, LRC, 15cwt, Humber A/C etc etc....well one can dream eh? In meantime if anyone wants someone to help crew as 49th Div Recce give me a call!

Welcome aboard Andy and good to have you here. No rules just take your overalls off before you come into the clubhouse - have a look at the classified section on the notice board (in the library)...you will find something on there of your liking!

Welcome aboard Andy and good to have you here. No rules just take your overalls off before you come into the clubhouse

Just a minute - I'm expecting delivery of NEW overalls, not TAKE-OFFS :whistle:

Hi Andy, best keep your overalls on, it'll look like you're doing clubhouse chores and you won't get picked on :-D

Just a minute - I'm expecting delivery of NEW overalls, not TAKE-OFFS :whistle:

Hi Andy, best keep your overalls on, it'll look like you're doing clubhouse chores and you won't get picked on :-D

:-D :-D :-D All packed and will be going in tomorrows post :-D

...I had best wash them first, I did use them at the weekend

Andy, hello again we met on Tabby, were you at MAT until the last? I just wondered if you knew what happened to their Mk 1 Shorland? Although it later saw Army service in the UDR (& it did get some peculiar markings on it at MAT), it was originally a RUC vehicle. All but two of the RUC ones were cut up, that one & mine. Just wondered where it went.

Welcome to the club and club house the fastest growing structures on the web as far as Militaria is concerned . I have not see or heard of the Dancing Girls much of late they may have taken to doing dancing only during the day . As for the club we are discovering new rooms and additions all the time . Currently they are in the process of installing a skittle's area near the bar for club members to practice on for the upcoming tournament.

Nope the Beverley -and all the gits associated with that exhibit such as the Landy drop platform are all still in East Yorkshire at Fort Paull-I'll get the website later. Its worth a visit too as they have a rocking horse SPZ11-12(?) APC thats the one built by British Leyland for the Bundeswher that got replaced by the Marder. Worth a visit for MV enthusiasts.

Nope the Beverley -and all the gits associated with that exhibit such as the Landy drop platform are all still in East Yorkshire at Fort Paull-I'll get the website later. Its worth a visit too as they have a rocking horse SPZ11-12(?) APC thats the one built by British Leyland for the Bundeswher that got replaced by the Marder. Worth a visit for MV enthusiasts.

Fort Paull, ??? never heard of that place.

Look forward to finding out more.

Cheers.

Fort Paull is at Paull Point on the Humber estuary. Started life as Paull Point Battery in 1800 as a 'napoleonic' fort. finally abandoned in 1946. Now restored to public opening.

http://www.fortpaull.com/ccm/navigation/home/

A bit further down the estuary is the site of the starfish decoy site featured on one of the Sky history documentaries. Forget which series.

Fort Paull is at Paull Point on the Humber estuary. Started life as Paull Point Battery in 1800 as a 'napoleonic' fort. finally abandoned in 1946. Now restored to public opening.

http://www.fortpaull.com/ccm/navigation/home/

A bit further down the estuary is the site of the starfish decoy site featured on one of the Sky history documentaries. Forget which series.

Ahh, thanks for that;...........

Good stuff-saved me a job there! Place has regular events through the season and I think it'd make an excellent venue for a small militaria/MV/etc type of thing show. Northern Reenactment Society (WW2 group of GD, PzLehr with the Marder, Brit Para's and Evacuees Elite do Fort Paull once a year). Other highly relevant places to see in the Yorkshire area if any southerners fancy the visit include Eden Camp, Elvington, Royal Armouries Leeds, numerous regimental museums plus of course the old Humbrol and ROF factories (note latter 2 just from the outside).

• 4 months later...

another yorkshire lad, i dont feel soo out numbered now lol

nothing wrong with airsoft i play and i have been doing for years lol i hated when they closed the MAT down it was like one of the only places that was worth a visit lol anyway welcome to the HMVF.

• 7 years later...

Hi

Sorry to jump in here.

I have seen some pictures of the Fort Paull military vehicles - they are looking a little weather worn now...

Have you any idea who owns them? I don't think it's the fort, I think its a private collection..

I'd appreciate even a name of a person who knows a person etc, I want to ask the owner a few questions about his exhibits!

Thanks

Baz

x2 SUMBS

Renault R2087

Hotchkiss M201

Panhard AML

Peugeot SX8

Land Rover Series 1