Deestone 750 x 16 to replace Custom Extra Grip

Mk3iain

Hi All,

Has anyone experience with the Deestone 750 x 16 Extra Grip lookalike tyres?

I ordered some to replace tyres on my Perentie but the profile is different.  As can be seen in the pictures the tread width is 7 1/2 inch on the originals and 6 1/2 on the Deestones. Not a lot of difference but it is very noticeable, although I have not fitted one to a rim yet.  I was fully expecting them to be the same as they are the same size/profile  (750 x 16 ), or is that not a given?

Not the best of pics sadly!

IMAG0134.JPG

IMAG0133.JPG

IMAG0132.JPG

The 7.50 dimension does not apply to the tread width but the maximum tyre width when inflated on the recommended width rim. There is quite a variation between makes, a Pirelli tyre we sell in a 225/40 R18 size is almost exactly 225mm in width but the same size Bridgestone is almost 245mm.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, radiomike7 said:

The 7.50 dimension does not apply to the tread width but the maximum tyre width when inflated on the recommended width rim. There is quite a variation between makes, a Pirelli tyre we sell in a 225/40 R18 size is almost exactly 225mm in width but the same size Bridgestone is almost 245mm.

Thanks Mike, I had hoped to use these but they just won't look right. Maybe be ok as spares, there are three of them.

Looking ahead it may be a choice of trying to source originals, made in Indonesia, or just use a suitable all terrain or mud terrain tyre and not worry too much about originality.

3 hours ago, radiomike7 said:

Interesting ......  I would not have expected a significant difference at least from the major brands. For Chinese, Korean etc 'Ditchfinders' then less surprising.

A neighbour bought a SUV just over 12 months ago. The dealer had fitted two Khumo tyres. My neighbour has just had 4 new Michelin Cross-climate fitted and was hoping to sell the two Khumo. However they were already cracking ....

31 minutes ago, sirhc said:

I put them on the last lightweight I had and they looked ok.

0C45A5BD-1EA3-40DB-B993-06ECB512917D.jpeg

Yes, they look fine on there.  They just look narrow compared to the original ones on the Perentie, but then I have not tried any on a rim.  I'll give that a go to see if it makes much of a difference.