Looking for part for daimler ferret

fahrer

As a last resort I have had to drill a hole in the base of the cylinder, then drive the expander out with a rod.

I refurbished the assembly & fitted a new cup which is 1 1/8 in used on 101 Land Rover. I tapped the hole & fitted a screw with a copper washer & it never let me down.

Hello

Thank you for your answer.

I have this also as idea but i dont want to damage the part for this is not good to find.

I think i must make this by al 4 parts my ferret has only 490 miles an a long time not drives.

Sorry for my bad english

• 1 month later...

Hello friends

I have a new problem i drive 7 miles an after the engine is to hot it comes cooling liqid out.

The cooler is hot for this i think its not the thermostat or water pump.

Is somewhere here to know what problem?

What temperature was the gauge reading? The cooling system is sealed. It has no expansion tank. If you top it up to full and then use the vehicle it is normal for it to dump excess water out of the system via the pressure release valve in the top of the radiator. The water flows down a tube from the radiator to an exit point at the rear left of the hull. I he main thing is to check the radiator fins are not clogged with dirt. 

A common problem was oil and dirt blocking the fins in the outside of the radiator, on the fan side. The radiator is easy to remove and you will the be able to clean it easily. First get a light and look into the fan housing to see if the fins are blocked.

Another point is that there is no expansion tank for coolant on a Ferret and if you fill to the neck of the filler cap there will be some water pushed out of the overflow pipe once hot until it finds its level.

If the oil smells of petrol, it could be a carburettor problem- failed accelerator diaphragms can cause flooding. It is just as likely to be a failed diaphragm in the mechanical fuel pump, which will allow petrol into the sump. Neither problem would likely cause overheating. I suspect you have more than one problem! If the oil has petrol in it, you must find and fix the problem, then change the oil 2 or three times, running the engine for a few minutes between changes to ensure all the petrol contamination is removed from the dry sump / oil pump etc. Be very careful and avoid driving / running the engine until the problem is fixed as petrol contamination can cause an explosion!