What would be the soundtrack to your vehicle?

paul connor

odd question... but what song do you listen to (if you have the luxury of a wireless in the ol' beast) or what would you think was best linked?

I think the one that springs to my mind would have to be "one step beyond-madness" not sure why..... prob because a Humber aint the quickest...

sounds good on those uphill struggles!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good question Paul.

Don't think that it has a sound track but Duel with Dennis Weaver, as when I am following my wife in the GMC and I get a bit to close to her she panic's as I don't know if you have noticed but you can never seen anyone driving a GMC as the light reflects of the windscreen.......very intimidating! :twisted:

Jack.

Well actually I was thinking of "Waltz for a Pig", because this is nearly what happened on the way to Overlord.

But some of you are far too young to have head of "Waltz for a Pig". It was the B side of later versions of "Substitute" by The Who. There were contractual wranglings between Reaction & Brunswick I think. The original B side was "Instant Party" (but this was actually a different version of "Circles" that was on the "Ready Steady Who" EP)

http://www.45-rpm.org.uk/dirw/who.htm

Anyway this is all showing my age. The most horrifing sound in the Pig this year was on the M27 in the middle lane trying to get into the inside lane to turn off to the Denmead Show. It was the sound of the B60 going at 4,000rpm as the carb spindle jammed. My nearside mirror had been blown out of vision by the velocity of travel, I had to barge my way in, braking by foot & handbrake into the hard shoulder to nearly roll down the embankment & kill the ignition. A "foolish person" had pulled in front to the hard shoulder to have a chat on his mobile. I was very shaken, frightened (nearest near-death experience I have had) & bloody angry as I went to exchange nicities with the "foolish person" he sped off very quickly.

Berni, send me your e-mail address or your mobile number. I've converted Burning Bridges to work on my nokia, if you've got a nokia we're in business

Hey Oddball.

I am up for that offer 8) ...you have my number??

Think it has to be HMVF's signature tune, if you here a phone ring any where then you will know that it is an HMVF member......better than a funny hand shake :shock:

• 1 month later...

Hi all

I know this is a real late message guys but I think that Saxons rocker 'Wheels of Steel' would probably be a good soundtrack, but even if I did have that luxury of having a wireless there would be no way I'd be able to hear it over the rumble of the ferrets B60 or the whine of the transmision!

Thanks, Mick.

Hmmm - given the Stalwarts tendencies to go anywhere at any time - despite the intentions of the driver I'd have plumped for "Die Valkerie" too!!

Mind you - given the afinity the beasties have for filling stations and tracta joints/bevel boxes maybe the Flying Lizards "I want Money" would be more appropriate???

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gonna show me age now

In the 101 therse only one track

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE (for the younger members a band called SLADE)

Another good track I'm free the who along with pinball wizard

there was another good track on the film Tommy whem the greasers are having the bundle can anyone remember ???

poor sad old hardy ferret