Unidentified Spark Plugs

sirhc

They look aeroplaney type. Multi pegs at the bottom and the sealead suppred top. The 'Limited licence' and 'Not for resale'mean a special contract. Wonder if they could be an igniter for weapons system? Or an AFV?

They are not aircraft plugs, just normal radio screened for army vehicles. The plug is listed in the 1956 Vocab for 6MT4 and is also equivalent to KLG RML30, none of that is much help as no application is listed. Being 18mm, they may be for stationary engines, such as Gen or Charging Sets. I recollect some of the Petter engines of 1940's era being 18mm. I thought they might have been for a MCC wireless truck but on checking they have 0.5" reach whereas these are 0.75".

Listed here Chris http://www.steamengine.com.au/ic/engines/spark/replacement.html

Champion equivalent J8C

Lee,

Fraid you cannot believe everything on the internet :| Champion J8C is a 14mm 3/8" reach as used in Bedford RL, QL, MW and Suffolk Punch lawn mowers. Definitely not an equivalent to these Lodge plugs.

Lee,

Fraid you cannot believe everything on the internet :| Champion J8C is a 14mm 3/8" reach as used in Bedford RL, QL, MW and Suffolk Punch lawn mowers. Definitely not an equivalent to these Lodge plugs.

Oops stand corrected :oops: try again... Lodge SR2 = AC RML60

ftp://ftp.iks-jena.de/pub/mitarb/lutz/standards/dstan/29/002/00000200.pdf

I googled the R2800 connection and those Wright engines 2000hp were used on a number of aircraft and types amoung them the B26 the C46 the F6F hellcat the tbf and Lockheed Venture to name just a few

It said all that in the link I posted :whistle:

• 1 year later...

The NSN is 2920-99-803-6661 which reveals a number of Morgan Matroc numbers:

EV443

RML 60

SR2-1

The is also a RAF number 16E13725.

Apart from the UK the plugs were used by New Zealand, Belgium & Singapore, if that helps?