RIP Roger Jones

Richard Farrant

After the premature posts earlier today, it has now been confirmed that Roger Jones, well known for his involvement with the REME Historic Vehicle Collection passed away this afternoon. I had known Roger for 35 years and we used to team up with him and his colleagues at many events as well as parties. My condolences to Roger's wife, family and friends, he will be greatly missed. Roger was REME through and through!

Rest in Peace Roger

Richard

• Like 3

Absolutely gutted to hear this. I've known him since the D Day shows on Southsea common in the late eighties. A great guy.

I echo your sentiments,  Richard - rest in peace, Roger.

• Like 1

Oh my goodness! I first spoke to Roger quite a few years ago about our Scammell restoration, then last year our local MV group arranged a trip to the REME museum lyneham through Roger and he took us to see the hidden collection and let us clamber over everything - fantastic. What a lovely bloke and really knowledgeable. We’ve definitely lost a leading light in the MV preservation movement. Deepest condolences to the family. 

Yes a personal loss for Me, as Roger was a Great Friend for over 30 years. When I was serving I always popped into 'E' Shed to see Him. A cuppa & a Chinwag was a standard operating Procedure for Roger!

Always helpful & a font of Knowledge. Roger was a Gentleman & Embodied the Spirit & Ethos of The Corps.

He will be sadly missed by Many, & a Great Loss to the Hobby & The Corps itself. We have had to say goodbye to a Great Man, & True Ambassador of the Movement.

I will miss having a Beer with you at show's Old Friend. I hope you are at Peace.

Mike.