**** Urgent help - 432 fault ****

Markheliops

Hi Guys and Gals.

I am taking the 432 to a Fire Service charity event tomorrow and the beast has developed a fault.

Greased and serviced it today and went for a three mile jolly to check the gearbox oil.

Once done, I went to park up in the barn and the main generator (drivers light panel) light came on when I started her up.

My mate is a bit handy with electrics so he had a look and this is what happened.

When the generator light came on, I lost all comms.

The whole system seems to be live. Such as the distribution box, CB cover, radio racks.

It would seem that switching the thing off and then turning it back on SOMETIMES cures the fault.

At the moment the thing seems OK but I have a feeling we will get a few miles tomorrow and the light will come on again.

Read in the manual something about a fuse in the rectifier unit but don't know where it is.

Please does anyone have any ideas or come across this before.

Thanks

Markheliops

A fuse either works or don't. Is there on the master switch any common point that the power to the sytems feed into? The light playing intermittent would suggest bad contact from alternator to distribution. Funnily enough had the same sort of problem on a vehicle today. The cause in that case was the wire from alternator to the alternator charge warning light had got nipped. Fresh wire, problem gone. Alternate your switch is snaffu.

Mark,

I had a very similar fault on my arrv, after trying everything and i mean everything i lost the plot and kicked the rectifier panel through sheer frustration and yup you guessed it it has worked since ! After closer inspection there was a relay sticking in the rectifier unit. Maybe of some help or not

Don,t you just love this green kit !!

Kind regards,

Hi Kevin.

Thanks for that.

I have had the same thing happen to the 432.

After restarting the engine, the generator light hasn't come on since.

Over the weekend, I covered about 100 miles in the 432 with no problems at all.

I have checked the output at the batteries and it's showing 28.4 volts. Bang on as per the manual.

Strange things these green machines.

So far, the 432 has covered around 400 road miles since purchase.

Chuffed or what!

Markheliops

• 2 months later...

hi ya

ok Go to the DLB which is in the front box which is one on top of another.

check numbers 21,19,20 are connected. suspect generator is gone down.

or relay sticking in DLB.

Ossie

Hi Ossie..

welcome to the forum, maybe you could tell us a bit about yourelf & vehicle in the Introductions & Welcome section

http://www.hmvf.co.uk/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=38&board=19.0

Cheers

Lee