Weight, Scorpion, Scimitar, Abbot

Spartan Tracks

Question

Hi all I’m a newbie to the site I’ve been itching for yours to get a tracked AFV , But now in a position to do this I also have another little issue ,There is a little bridge over the railway to my place and has a 17 ton weight restriction on it so are any of the 3 Vehicles over this weight ? Also am I mad to want one of these I have room to keep it obviously I’ll have to go and do the test, I’ve just started looking but appear hard to find. Andy

6 answers to this question

Bang for the buck the CVRT range is likely one of the most supportable tracked vehicles you can own, the gearboxes being problematic for supply but there are some around at a price in the UK Easy to store and operate if you are of a reasonable human build size, once one becomes overweight they are a challenge to get in to. If you don't need a gun barrel then the Spartan lends itself nicely as a group carrier down to the pub or out for ice creams and has the advantage that you can kip inside it also.. However, longer distance shows need a transporter of some type unless you want to do the road miles. My opinion is solely mine and not necessarily everyone else's taste.