War and peace 2008..

paul connor

• 3 months later...

Ok here is my idea... which one hopes will soon turn to reality!

Next year I would like to make one of the biggest exhibitions of Operation Banner in Northern Ireland.

My plan is to make a camp with correct kit and vehicles.

picture this!

Large area with fencing around it, a 20-30ft sanger clad in corrigated iron with a watch point with hessian and RPG screens.

A check point as an entrance

A comms room with pictures of Operation Banner and "yobbo" pictures and maps showing what an operations room would be like

Various tents with information on the whole history and key points making it informative and in no way glamourised or narrow viewed.

Past Regiments living history group would man this base in Living history style.

having Brick sections moving out with vehicles and patrolling etc.

what i would need is a lot of help!

IE!

Humber pigs in Northern Ireland era paint schemes.

Saracens

ferrets

bedfords

land rovers all circa 1970-80ish and any other vehicle that would be period and look the part!

I would like to have a large British display that is not shown up by the Vietnam and WW2 lads.

Thoughts anyone?

Sounds amazing. Hopefully we'll have met up before then to do your photoshoot, Paul. Just recovering from my torn knee ligament christmas present at the moment - but should be fit (it isn't stopping me from spending a day on the western front tomorrow). If you can organise the W&P thing then it should really compliment the Rolling Thunder boys and put PW in proper focus. I'm looking forward to it already and have a fifteen year old who would love to learn from you and your mates. He is heavily in to the period and the kit.

Mark B

We would welcome anyone who would like to be apart in all of it.

We seek vehicles and anything to loan or borrow that would be of use

Safariswing and Hferret if you could both contact me would be great as we did talk breif on the subject at WP show

The Past Regiment group will be doing full living history as a unit in shifts so all stuff is guarded at night and during the day as well as looking like a real base in action at all times the public are at hand..

should be great! im looking forward to it..

any pictures of operation banner or anything interesting would be great if i can copy or borrow

Many thanks! yes of course when ever you need it etc, it will be guarded 24/7 by our living history team.

Ok we need a saracen *nudge nudge mr stump*

A check point would be nice if any one has a barrier and some stop signs?

more Humber Pigs would be nice *cough HF nudge*

A bedford mk would be nice..

any one?

Lightweight you dont have to paint it again, we can do it for you *joking*

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Paul.... :wave:

I like the sound of this!! :tup:

I went to a lot of trouble fitting a 30 simulator to my ferret but ...Never seem to get a chance to play with it! :banghead:

I would be happy to offer my ferret from time to time if you need a bit of....NOISE occasionally! :bow:

All the Beast

Fred & Annika :banana: :yay:

• 4 months later...