Munga talk...

Snapper

okay fixed the fuel pump, running sweet as a nut...i cleaned the plugs and that has done the trick, no back firing, running totally sweet. Went to the pub...no dipped beam, one rear light out...only just passed the MOT for heavens sake...will fix this week. they are a sweet car when running fine. just got to fix my other two now...lord Carington would be most pleased to know his truck is back in use after being swamped on slab...

thought you might like these

[attach=config]52079[/attach][attach=config]52080[/attach][attach=config]52081[/attach][attach=config]52082[/attach][attach=config]52083[/attach]

i've still got this in the back garden -- any body want a new pet?

[attach=config]52084[/attach][attach=config]52085[/attach][attach=config]52086[/attach]

picture #2 ive got that dog, and the munga ,all ineed now is the uniform.....??

Dont think you can put a realistic price on all the hours of sweat time and effort youve put into yours....anyhow i guess its a labor of love for us munga owners , else we wouldnt be involved with such quirky vehicles........just luv em i guess !!

I agree mate ,never done them for the money , its the enjoyment my dad gets , keeps him busy in his retirement . the way the things are going with military vehicles , we bought at the right time ......:drive:

Has anybody got the 'reinforcement tube' that fits vertically between the front and rear side doors on a munga 4? It appears from the Parts Manual that the front door catch engages onto it. I just need to know how it attaches at the top and bottom - it looks like a straight tube with some sort of looped strap at the bottom, and a flattened section with a hole for a rivet (?) at the top.

A picture and some dimensions would be really helpful:-D

John

Has anybody got the 'reinforcement tube' that fits vertically between the front and rear side doors on a munga 4? It appears from the Parts Manual that the front door catch engages onto it. I just need to know how it attaches at the top and bottom - it looks like a straight tube with some sort of looped strap at the bottom, and a flattened section with a hole for a rivet (?) at the top.

A picture and some dimensions would be really helpful:-D

John

Yes we could do with some clear pics too please .............anyone?

yes we could do with some clear pics too please .............anyone?
munga 4 sale on milweb....listed as military....but looks civi...has column indicator stalk and also key ign. And lock on the column, tho it does have the airborne / para quick release steering wheel nut...thats nice !! Tho expensive to buy just for that !!

screen gone on today looks good . whilst moving the munga with the willys on a rope today, noticed not much lock on the munga .

can anyone tell me what it should be lock to lock ? and any pics of theirs on full lock ........... cheers guys

Edited by Willyslancs

screen gone on today looks good . whilst moving the munga with the willys on a rope today, noticed not much lock on the munga .

can anyone tell me what it should be lock to lock ? and any pics of theirs on full lock ........... cheers guys

Anyone ?

Cheers mate for having a look today ,ours is not a full turn ! the tyres are not touching anywhere under the body either ..........

just under two turns on mine lock to lock, my steering colum seizes when she has been left for a while...needs a bit of oil I suspect, will have to get that sorted. mind you she started today before I pressed the button, well nearly...it was instant firing, before my thumb was off the buitton she wsa running...fantastic machine...need to get my doors all done now...and have her cosy warm for some winter use