Munga talk...

Snapper

• 2 weeks later...

New plastic window is in the canvas, and all the rear buckles,straps are done now, side of the roof being done when poss.Taking shape nicely now.

(been trying to load the pics on here most of the afternoon , but its not playing.Loaded on Flikr no probs so check out dkw,munga ,auto union there............ )

hmmm 3 cylinder two stroke engine autolube sounds just like my old gt750 lol. so who is going to be the first to take a dremmel to the inlet and exhaust ports tidy up the castings smooth the exhaust ports ,roughen up the inlets fit three mikunis and rejet maybe some expansion pipes let it breath proper :-)

god its been an age since i was here,, but winters passing now and finally its warm enough for me to work on my old beasty,, this week its engine and gearbox are coming out again--this time to sort the jammed first motion shaft and see if i can't scotch once and for all the wandering hi lo selector----its either fixed or i will lock it firmly in high range.

willyslancs---your is looking better than new!

Edited by mitch

hi stranger!! hope you get it sorted , yep its looking good . i have put some pic s on Flikr as been having trouble putting pics on here ..........:thumbsup:

would you have a spare bracket for the jerrycan mate ? the small bit that fixes to the clip on the body...............

Mark

hi stranger!! hope you get it sorted , yep its looking good . i have put some pic s on Flikr as been having trouble putting pics on here ..........:thumbsup:

would you have a spare bracket for the jerrycan mate ? the small bit that fixes to the clip on the body...............

Mark

have you a link for the flikr stuff? be nice to take a looksee,

I cant help you on supplying a new clip for the jerrycan, as I only have the one myself, but I am happy to take sime pics if you want a reference to make one too.

I got my old lady running today, (the easy bit) and even managed to unjam the gearbox with some judicious rocking between first and reverse, but it sounded dreadful:-( screaming and honking, and stalling away when in neutral. im pretty sure the box is going to need extensive work and thats going to hurt the finances,, i might have to see if i can get my hands on a new gearbox. anyone got one laying around quietly whimpering the words "use me, please use me" i'd love to know about it!

Edited by mitch

Great pics--i cant beleive how far you have come with your old lady,, she has gone from pretty sad to like new. I will definately get you a pic of the little metal clip for the jerry,, though its nothing complex--just a rectangle of steel with a turned up end.

I was planning to lift my one's engine out today but have been struck with a bug so am stuck indoors feeling antsy.

Great pics--i cant beleive how far you have come with your old lady,, she has gone from pretty sad to like new. I will definately get you a pic of the little metal clip for the jerry,, though its nothing complex--just a rectangle of steel with a turned up end.

I was planning to lift my one's engine out today but have been struck with a bug so am stuck indoors feeling antsy.

cheers mate , i think he has a pic , he said if he cant find a real one , he will make one from brass ........... Mark

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice Munga8 on Ebay failed to reach its reserve. Ended at £1773 (Ebay 330698808152). Of course I can only speculate about the reserve but if it had been listed after my payday I would have been very tempted to offer a bit more than that.

I have my replacement gearbox and the missing two chairs at last! thank you commander! next week i have a break in filming so I am going to swap out the gearbox and see what happens! will, how are you making the door frames? do you have a pattern to work too or is it best guess?

well had an intrersting moment with my munga...driving along and bang it locked up...not sure exactly what happened..anyway rolls in neutral, engages gears but...it wont start without the clutch peddle pressed, and if you try to release it in any gear neutral or drive it stalls...

looking at the clutch cable it looks like it has broken the sheathing, but can tell exactly...will have a look at my other ones today and see...but anyone any ideas, it feels like the clutch hs failled mechnically in some way thrust bearing or similar..

anyone any ideas, will have to strip it out I suspect...anyone got an air filter for one going spare..

paul, this is pretty much exactly what happend to mine. im currently swapping the bad gear box out for a spare one i bought off of commander last week, in mine its not the clutch cable, the clutch is functioning fine--and if your ones only starting with the clutch down i'd say your cables fine. in my one it looks like somethng jamming the first motion shaft. initially it wouldnt do anything without the clutch down, i have managed to "jiggle" it free with jerking forwards and backwards in 1st and reverse, so now mine starts in neutral with the clutch up, but its not running right. if your not in a hurry once i have my new box inplace i am planning to do a postmortem on the old one, and i will be happy to give you my findings!