Munga talk...

Snapper

Hi ,Not had chance to get on with the Munga , been trying to find the problem on my Grand Cherokee , Auto slipping in third and 4th something electrical , real head banging stuff replaced speed sensor , govener pressure transducer , pressure solenoid , adjusted internal brake bands , checked throtle potentiometer which I think is ok have no data to cross reference , must be a bad signal coming from a sensor and the transmision control module releasing gear engagement pressure ,

going to have to get it hooked up to a compatible computer to see whats going on , everything OK apart from that :-)

There seem to be a lot for sale generally. Maybe they have reached the point where only serious owners stick with them. Lovely little things. I'd have one or two in my lottery powered fleet....just waiting :-D I would, of course, have another Iltis. Fond memories.:)

MB

HEY - I can see your ready for another Iltis! Why not pop down to West Wales and buy mine? It needs a bit of TLC and I've got too many projects on the go to do it justice :laugh: Regards Cen

Hi Drew ,

we just got two complete new headlamps for ours from the guy near Lancaster.( 01524 791968 westfield 4x4) .He is also sorting us out with back lights (after being promised some on here,by others ) he will probably have what you need . Hope this helps mate.

Edited by Willyslancs

hi drew ,

we just got two complete new headlamps for ours from the guy near lancaster.( 01524 791968 westfield 4x4) .he is also sorting us out with back lights (after being promised some on here,by others ) he will probably have what you need . Hope this helps mate.

cheers for that ive got some spares what do you need

My dads started the wiring on the munga last week , there was an ugly plastic conduit stuck on the back when we got it.He has started to feed it thru the body.

Update , progress will probably be non existant next few weeks , has he has been knocked over!!!not allowed to drive for 3 weeks , and is on crutches .(he will probably sneak in garage when mum out !)

• 2 weeks later...

Met fellow Munga nutter today,(nice to know we are not alone!!!!) Cheers for the stuff Drew , hope mrs drew and kids were not too annoyed waiting !! at least the weather brightened up for you all .

Cheers again mate , he was like a kid with a new toy when i left him.He will probably be in touch when he is back in the garage more. ..:tup::.

p.s mate keep us in mind for the wartburg starter.

Edited by Willyslancs