Munga talk...

Snapper

These are for 2 over centre clips that hold a handle for a Tirfa winch, the winch is stored in the seat box under the driver’s seat.

What type of Tirfor winch was carried? I have a 1600kg one to sell.

Munga8 where did you get your munga?

i can remember a good few years ago a yard somewhere aroun Kimbolton that had two or three for sale, along with a Model T fire engine

Dads been round tonight , so i showed him the forum( they dont have a comp). was a good couple of minutes before he realised the munga he was looking at was his!:rofl: Bless him, he is 70 now , he said it looked better in the pics ....:coffee:

He told my mum when he went home and she said "well did you not recognise all the junk in the garage"....

Brooky,

My Munga 8 did originate from the yard nr. Kimbolton. I purchased it from a third party who purchased it along with another vehicle some years previous.

The yard was run by a gentleman by the name of Sid Starling. Sid (Sadly now no longer with us) was the local scrap man and general wheeler dealer, who I believe originated from the East end?

I have been searching for photo’s for some time without success, so if you have any I would be very pleased to have a copy.

When you visited the yard did you make a purchase of anything?

Sound like the guy, very larger than life!!!

Told me the T fire engine once belonged to Laurel and Hardy!!

Must try to find the photo.

I do rember the Mungas, I think that may have been what I went to look at!!

I didnt buy anything!!!

Mind you if I had then you might not have had a Munga today!!!!

Going to look for that photo!!!

Dads been round tonight , so i showed him the forum( they dont have a comp). was a good couple of minutes before he realised the munga he was looking at was his!:rofl: Bless him, he is 70 now , he said it looked better in the pics ....:coffee:

He told my mum when he went home and she said "well did you not recognise all the junk in the garage"....

Why not buy him a computer for Christmas?:)

Phil,

Sorry don’t know the cable thickness – there is no cable with my unit, I may be able to find out.

I am not sure about if every Munga was fitted with a winch – I understand that they would have originally all come from the factory fully equipped. However if they were fitted with a parachute hook then it was not possible to fit the winch and bits under the seat.

My Munga did have a parachute hook but I have decided to rebuild it without and fit the accessorizes as I feel it will be a better presented vehicle?

I have attached a picture off the equipment list.

Will

686-26-01_LR.jpg

692-26-02_LR.jpg

Hi will, some good bits of equipment there to find in the above pictures ,

do you know if the jack a Bilstein ? looks like one that I have from an old VW only diference is the base its round instead of oblong shaped + the hieght of suport bar maybe longer for the munga ,,,,,,,

Mark that Landy grill looks like it'll do the job ,

Phil

Edited by phil munga
more to add