Munga talk...

Snapper

:) Hi I'm whatching some driveshaft cv joint gaiters on ebay for a munga anyone on here bidding for them ? looking at mine it looks as though one wants changing because its got the wrong type fitted ,, it rubs on the chassis ,, how much would one cost ?

seems as though there's a few mungas with different engines fitted , before I bought my munga i did search & find a diahatsu 3 cyl turbo diesel engine , just in case it the munga did'nt run , What RPM will the munga engine be doing at 60mph ?

The boots can be had from the German dealers for not too much money, as are the head gaskets. I find people bit over the top on Ebay for MUNGA bits in the UK.

I would be very suprised if you can't get a MUNGA engine to run well, the hard part is the ignition timing. There is a trick, and I will send you the details if you can pm me your postal address.

Most 4 stroke engines are not much good for conversions, but the Ford V4 works well. But due to the weight, the steering is not as good.

:) , Thought the price was going up a bit ,, Might know where there I've not done much on the munga this week been putting fordson back together , :)

= parents are (looking for munga stuff!)......

What sort of stuff they looking for ,,,

Edited by phil munga
more to add

Hi all ,,,,,, Willyslancs its great when the paint starts to go on :),

I've just fixed up a smaller welder . found on my muga under the seat boxes there's a top hat section of steel that needs to be replaced along with a section of floor ,,,,,,,,,a few used parts came with my munga ,,,,,,,drive shaft ,, hub ,, brake cylinders not sure if they'd work again i was going to strip them down and hone them ,

I just need to find out what parts I might need for mine ,

need to get it jacked up to see if there's any play in the king 'n' link pins , , then need to remove each hub and check if all the brakes are working :) Windscreen has a crack through it ,so i was thinking of getting a friend that replaces windscreens to cut a new laminated one ,, I've a lady freind that repairs horse blankets , going to ask her to repair the top rear part of the hood ,, I have noticed on one of the doors that there's a number printed on the canvas ,, ,,, might this number be of use to find info amout the munga ?

Brake slave kits are about £5 each. Don't forget that you must have all four wheels off the ground at the same time, as no central diff fitted. Don't try and take the shafts out of the carriers, or take the drive hubs off. You need a special puller, and it's easy to put it back wrong without the handbook. if you don't have a handbook, pm me.

Numbers on canavs, are normaly the "local" vehicle number. That is the number given to a vehicle by the user unit, not a reg number.

Don't be fooled by the front king pins etc (same as back, just not used), as unless you have pumped lots of greese in these feel very slack. If these are bad change them with the back ones, or replace the sleeves.

Will be after one of the hand books if the last owner of mine does'nt have one :) have to do everything by the book :cry: that'll be a first :-D i'll have a good look at an old rusty hub that came with the munga , think there's a large bucket with a complete hub carrier with king 'n' link pins so will study how its all built :)

Regards Phil

1085 Kg, ready for road. Pushing is a problem, as you have to turn all that four wheel drive running gear! If only one wheel brake is binding slightly, it's amplified by 4. This is why the MUNGA brakes are not bigger, and why not having the prop connected is a very bad idea!

Paint is looking good, and the body is like new from the photos. Put a coat of underseal on the battery shelves, before the matt green. The original finish should be almost eggshell, with a sheen to it.

Popped into the garage tonight when collecting my daughters , the underneath of the body is looking really good , had some more olive drab put on ,got a slight sheen to it , looks the part .Whilst it has been on its side , it has made painting under the dash so much easier .(the more paint on the merrier .)

All being well , it wil be turned back over the right way next week, need to move it to get the willys out (hopefully have a run out over christmas).....