Another J Type on the way !

Tomo.T

1 hour ago, Geoff - Tomo said:

Dear all, as some of you may be aware, the author of this blog, my brother Tomo, has sadly passed away.

This leaves us with a dilemma, we would love to continue with the restoration, but unfortunately none of us have the time, knowledge or dedication that Tomo displayed to achieve the fantastic results so far.

Our best option would be to find a buyer, who would be able to take over, and once complete, would hopefully use the vehicle in WW1 display and re-enactment as Tomo had planned to do.

That’s really sad to hear and I’m very sorry for your loss. He’s left a fantastic legacy for someone to take forward and finish and I hope your family can one day see it on the circuit and feel justifiably proud. 

20 hours ago, Geoff - Tomo said:

Dear all, as some of you may be aware, the author of this blog, my brother Tomo, has sadly passed away.

This leaves us with a dilemma, we would love to continue with the restoration, but unfortunately none of us have the time, knowledge or dedication that Tomo displayed to achieve the fantastic results so far.

Our best option would be to find a buyer, who would be able to take over, and once complete, would hopefully use the vehicle in WW1 display and re-enactment as Tomo had planned to do.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Here's hoping you can find a good home for the Thornycroft J type and make Tomo's dream come true. 

• 2 months later...

I have only just returned to this blog to learn of Tomo's passing. I am deeply saddened. My sincere condolences to all his family.

As some may know, I contributed the foundation of the project from over here, though it was mainly the engine that he had brought to a near running state. I have missed his humour and turn of phrase that were a feature of his commentary.

I do hope someone can take over the project and see it to completion.

Ian Browning

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Dear Readers,

Having at last managed to get permission to enter Dalton Barracks and remove the chassis and loose parts, we are now in a position to offer this project up for sale.

For full details, to arrange a viewing, or to make a bid, please email:

Geofft21@hotmail.com 

and

stan.lewendon@hotmail.co.uk

We will let you know the status of your bid as the sale progresses. 

Best Regards

Geoff Thompson