Deserted W&P forum, dry dusty tumble weed rolling by.

gritineye

22 hours ago, gritineye said:

Nothing at all on this site lately, has the fun gone out of it?

Is any one else going? 

If not why not?

Just asking, wouldn't like to be the only one going....

Bernard

Not just the W&P show,  seems to be general lack of interest about most events on here now, seldom any comments or photos

Edited by Nick Johns

4 minutes ago, Nick Johns said:

Not just the W&P show,  seems to be general lack of interest about most events now, seldom any comments or photos

Was talking to a couple of ex MV owners at a car show the other week who said much the same thing,  not only abut HMVF but the scene in general seems to have peaked and be somewhat on the decline...

I think the MV scene is still busy, just in different ways.
Facebook has taken alot of the net traffic from forums.
I started doing a few steam shows last year instead of MV shows, tbh, ive seen nearly every mv there is and steam shows make a nice change.
W+P excitement?, I know alot of people have just become fed up with the way we are treated by the people who run W+P,  Ive done 24 out of the last 25 W+P's, and overall have enjoyed them, but as many on here know it's the bloody toilets that spoil it for me.
I'm doing a week at W+P this year, have done for the last 20 odd yrs, am I excited about it?, not as much as I used to be, for me I treat it as a weeks holiday, but find the GDSF far better for a week.

Since I sold Forceful I do mostly mixed shows with Rugged and car shows with my '28 Chevy.

W&P is the only military event I go to now, only missed 3 and I always have a great week, don't get bogged down with the politics and as I have a loo in my camper van never had a reason to complain, it is what it is.

The Rugged One should be fully road legal soon, but will I have the fortitude to drive him all the way? 😰

Bernard

Sadly I think rambo1969 is correct. I’m organising a 1940’s Weekend on the West Somerset Railway on September 15/16 this year. I placed a post here and we also opened a Facebook page ‘WSR Forties Weekend 2018’. I asked for people to come and display both civilian and military and for vehicles to be put on a military train on both. Here we had no replies and no feedback even though I reposted again, on Facebook we have now 515 people who asked to join and many are posting and filling out the application form.

I see the same with other forums as well so it’s not just here. It appears to be that things are changing and forums are in the decline and that’s sad because I like the in-depth information and help HMVF provides.

Sign of the times methinks.

This used to be the place to visit for Scammell info, but almost all the Scammell owners that used to post or visit here now use private Facebook groups, there are at least three groups.

As a repository for info FB is no substitute for a well run forum, so we're loosing books, DVDs, old photos, forum threads, and no one under 30 talks to each other in words longer than two sylables anymore.

We're doomed, doomed I say! 

There might not be the activity we would like Bernard , but the old threads on here are great for research and reference which is hugely forgotten..

W&P is on for us this year , I now have the pressure of the next keen generation wanting to take their clutter as well as mine!

See you there Mate.

3 hours ago, John Comber said:

W&P drinks are on us this year , I now have the pressure of the next keen generation wanting to take their clutter as well as mine!

See you there Mate.

Excellent! Free drinks will certainly attract the next generation, I'll have a pint of Spitfire please, with a whiskey chaser....

Cheers 🍺🥃

Edited by gritineye

20 hours ago, .303fan said:

Don't plan to go again. I found fun in steam shows and the driving force that really wanted to go has passed away, we got him there twice with his 101fc ambulance we lovingly restored. rest in peace dad. 

IMG_jlr1ys.jpg

My condoleances on the passing of your Dad.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...