SPARKING PLUGS

Greenjacket

In those days well past all of the spark plug manufacturers used to publish handy books, listing all the then current and past vehicles with their plug recommendations as well as cross referencing other manufacturers plugs.

Probably because of the risk of product liability litigation and the use of the wrong plug particularly in regard to cross references these handy promotional items ceased.

Anybody know of a good website covering this. Google only produces firms trying to sell you plugs !

regards

a few years ago, I wanted some spark plugs for an old Bedford. It was urgent and in desperation I tried my local car spare shop.

They worked fine, whether I was just lucky I don't know. But a good point to remember, I had thought the old ones were fine, but the bedford simply wouldn't run right under load, we tested the plugs, by checking the spark. All seemed fine, it ticked over great, but after three days messing about, someone with more experience told us it was the plugs.

We were broken down miles from home, at the time, outside a motor parts shop. £7.50 later we were flying home. (not literally) :-)

In those days well past all of the spark plug manufacturers used to publish handy books, listing all the then current and past vehicles with their plug recommendations as well as cross referencing other manufacturers plugs.

Hi Les,

I have a selection of catalogues Champion, KLG, Lodge, AC, etc and can cross reference. Send me a PM with what you wish to trace.

regards,

Richard