Fv 432 smoke dischargers

simon in a 432

Question

21 answers to this question

We are getting into silly grounds of 'Replicas', no one knows what the hell is going on. Most firearms rules are 'guidlines' ie what the chief consatble wants. About time ACPO went back to policing not polotics. Buy de-acs, those have no arguments.

Original Smoke Dischargers on vehicles are now classed as illegal firearms but hundreds of vehicles were sold prior to this decision being made and I am not a where of any current retrospective action being taken against owners. It would be a major excercise if they decided to go down this road.

When I brought one of the last Cyprus Saladins out of Ludgershall the police insisted that I put the dischargers on my licence.

When I brought one of the last Cyprus Saladins out of Ludgershall the police insisted that I put the dischargers on my licence.

You can't put smoke dischargers on your licence unless you have a section 5 licence.. which is almost impossible to get..

So send em up for proof house de-ac. After all a Sten would be class 5 till de-aced. But then so were those evil little BB guns the ******** kids use. Until our current Viper in Number 10 changed the ******** Law to make it legal to sell them>>>>>>>> . To Quote ' The labour party is not against shooting' >>> Yeah just make it ******* impossible to own a firearm. :banghead: :argh: :argh: :banghead:

Whatever passes for normal service will be resumed later, in the mean time..

i didnt know smoke dischargers came under the firearms act! but i know where they make replica loads for em such as smoke and CS gas and that relics (http://www.relics.org.uk )

but with the fire arms license it is all what the head of the cop shop wants and if you get one that doesnt like guns then the reg are tight as hell

Section 5 covers any device that discharges 'Noxious Substances' Hence Smoke dischargers. The other thing it covers is the dart guns and Blowpipes used by Vets to dope animals. Mind you some of that stuff is 1000% lethal to humans. Aslo pepper spray and if used offensivly a hair spray.

i didnt know smoke dischargers came under the firearms act!

Section 5 (1) Prohibited Weapons

(a) any firearm which is so designed or adapted that two or more missiles can be successively discharged without repeated pressure on the trigger.

(ab) any self-loading or pump-action rifled gun other than one which is chambered for .22 rim-fire cartridges.

(aba) any firearm which either has a barrel less than 30cm in length or is less than 60cm in length overall, other than an air weapon, a muzzle-loading gun or a firearm designed as signalling apparatus.

(ac) any self-loading or pump-action smooth bore gun which is not an air weapon or chambered for .22 rim-fire cartridges and either has a barrel less than 24 inches in length or is less than 40 inches in length overall.

(ad) any smooth bore revolver gun other than one which is chambered for 9mm rim-fire cartridges or a muzzle-loading gun.

(ae) any rocket launcher, or any mortar, for projecting a stabilised missile, other than a launcher or mortar designed for line throwing or pyrotechnic purposes or as signalling apparatus.

(af) any air rifle, air gun or air pistol which uses, or is designed or adapted for use with, a self-contained gas cartridge system.

(b) any weapon of whatever description designed or adapted for the discharge of any noxious liquid, gas or other thing.

© any cartridge with a bullet so designed to explode on or immediately before impact, any ammunition containing or designed or adapted to contain any such noxious thing as is mentioned in paragraph (b) above and, if capable of being used with a firearm of any description, any grenade, bomb or other like missile, or rocket or shell designed to explode as aforesaid.

yet the law was changed to allow the sale of multi shot BB guns :dunno: Used to be 'Anything that had a multiple discharge for single pull of the trigger' A little mnemonic is to aggravate your crime take the W.I.F.E. Weapon. Improvised Firearm. Firearm. Explosive.

PS Air weapons. Pistols under 6lb/ft rifles under 12lb/ft. anything above comes under Class 1 or 5. trouble is you can exceed powers by using diffrent weight pellets. It really is a bloody nightmare. Further note the 'Adapted' this is a real catch all for hairsprays etc.

Thats the trouble mate. You as a shooter have to know the law better than the local force. In our area a registered dealer has just done 9 months before the conviction was quashed. In interview the local Plod were asking HIM what the law is :schocked: If it wasn't for the poor bloke being inside it would be a joke. you couldn't make it up. Incidentally Section 5 certificates are issued by the Secretary of State.

i know the law for air rifles (target shooter) but firearms i dont have much to do with anymore because theres that many different version of the law and rules and regs its hard to get the wheat from the chaff so to speak

Section 5 (1) Prohibited Weapons

<snipped>

(b) any weapon of whatever description designed or adapted for the discharge of any noxious liquid, gas or other thing.

</snipped>

Hmmmm - do the form of smoke discharger that just dumps fuel into the exhaust come into this?????? :dunno:

The problem is a lot of 'Firearms Law' are 'Guidelines' You also have this nasty little word 'Imitation'. the proverbial Banana in the pocket. If you go out with the intention of making someone belive it is a firearm, expect to get shot. Some painted wood carved to the right shape is probably the best bet. just don't go threatning the Traffic Wardens or clampers with it. Humm. I don't know though... :evil: There was a bloke with a pink Abbot, and four plastic pigs with coppers helmets stuck on it. A few years ago he drove down Whitehall to mas cheers and applause from us at MOD the Coppers outside Number 10 and genral laughter. At the traffic lights he pulled up behind a little booted Vauxhall Nova. the lady occupant was admiring herself in the mirror. the look on her face when she saw it come up and stop about 6 inches from the back of her car. I nearly wet myself.

Sounds like a minefield :-(

Does anyone know who makes the copies?

I might go down the route of just getting some old bits of pipe and making the basic shape and then covering them with the propper covers.

I've been reliably informed that the poles used for roadside signs are the right size externally and as near as dammit internally too, cut to length and a base welded in. Easily found at a scrap yard apparently as they're replacing many with the new style crumple sign posts.