OK, I have been busy else where for a while BUT............

Jack

I know I have been busy elsewhere for a while (year or two) BUT.............what on earth has happened to the prices of Jeeps :wow: :wow: :wow:

They used to be kind of 'reasonable' .

- going to sit down for a while.............

I know I have been busy elsewhere for a while (year or two) BUT.............what on earth has happened to the prices of Jeeps :wow: :wow: :wow:

but not in a Jeep:-D

Not only Jeeps....

I think it's a real problem. For those who have vehicles, particularly the sought after ones, elevated prices can give you a cosy feeling in the wallet; but they're a barrier to entry for those new to the hobby, particularly the young.

BUT ... as someone who was looking at a couple of your old posts earlier and thinking you're not around as much, welcome back (ish)

Welcome back Jack, staying or just passing through ? :-):-)

Mmm prices, Im not sure that vehicles make the price they are advertised at to be honest.

Friend of mine been looking for a Gmc for a while, I had no idea some of the prices being asked by people over the channel....really eye watering, however most of them pop up every month still for sale.

He found one in the end, needs some work and maybe more than we 1st thought, but thats a learning curve.

I mentioned in another thread about jeep prices or at least the lack of printed jeep prices in a certain mag........when this become accepted and aloud then the prices seemed to go up.

Also i think some people are raising the bar with regard restorations, there are some simply stunning resto's out there and I'm not just talking about jeeps.

I think, the "old guard" are giving way to a generation of people that truly have respect for their vehicles, rather than using the old phrase,"thats patina that is" when in reality its down to people being down right lazy, or maybe short of funds.

Now I have very little or no interest in post war vehicles (I'm not saying there is anything wrong with them) they just dont do it for me. But I have learnt this in the last 10 years and although its not definitive its works as guide.

Some post war vehicle owners, have a passing affiar with a vehicle, where as most WW2 vehicle owners have a life time love of their's.

Which may just account why some people assume vehicles are priceless (bit like 44 gmc 353) eh Jack.

Before I get shot........as i said its NOT the rule but its what I have noticed,

Tin hat on.;)

Never mind about Jeeps, have you seen the price of Series Landies! :shocked: Though the old adage applies, you can ask what like, but will someone pay it? Though it does seem now the only way to get into the hobby is to inherit. Any WW2 is now at least 70 years old, and they 'ain't making them any more, so the price should go up.

just a thought, but if vehicles in the EU have gone nuts on price why not import? I recently saw a running CCKW here (missing bed but otherwise complete), sell for $1500. A fully restored 1942 MB is currently listed for $10K. asking price

even if shipping is $3K + VAT of 17% , you would still be ahead no?

I think some people are buying in to MVs in the same way as classic cars because interest rates are rubbish!

If you put £20,000 in the bank at a generous 0.50% it gets you £100 a year! Its hardly worth the risk and even compounding the interest since the crash of 2009 would get you not much more than £21,000.

But back in 2009 I could have bought two Universal Carriers that now would be worth circa £80K or more.