Dartmoor trip,what to see.

Enigma

Widecome, Tom Pierce Tom Pierce lend me your grey mare. Ashburton is a nice little town. Buckfastleigh, where the monks make Tonic Wine. If you have time, go north to Exmoor, Oare Church where Lorna Doone was married and Porlock with the square topped church, which legend has it ships will tie up to one day. One little problem mate. With what your used to, expect Vertigo:nut: The flatest place will be the table top.

If you're going over to Tavistock go here:

https://www.morwellham-quay.co.uk/

Not military but excellent industrial museum with a Mining theme - you can also go underground.

If you are heading to Slapton Sands head into Dartmouth - the Castle is worth a look, Tudor, Victorian and WWII fortifications on one site (and a Civil war earthwork on the hill above). There's also a well preserved WWII coastal battery on National Trust land on the Kingswear side and over at Brixham (this one has been partially restored by local volunteers - see website).

Brixham also has Victorian fortifications on Berry Head up above the Harbour.

Ok never mind. They sent me a picture some time ago but it doesn't include the registration, just like to keep tabs on the survivors.

I shouldn't think the sea air has done it any favours. I used live across Torbay in Teignmouth, I can remember as a small boy exploring a large gun in place on The Ness headland.