Bren Gun carrier

BIG MIKE

I thought the British were'nt allowed to put female names on thier vehicle's. only VC winners,linage names (mallbough,suffolk, etc, or Battle honors. On my carrier repersenting the RNF in ww2 I put Regt's 1st battle honor on her "Whilhelmstal" in the 1700's. Cheers BIG MIKE

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
Found this clip on youtube of an experimental carrier based unit called a "Praying Mantis" has any one else heard of this ? there is also a short section at the start of putting tracks on duel axle trucks Something went wrong...

There is one at Bovington Tank Museum, it could be one of the two shown as it is just down the road from Studland.

Ashley

• 3 weeks later...

One of my jeeps is marked up 61, for the 4th. Dorsets, another one is marked up with the red over blue with the number 43 superimposed, and the Wessex Wyvern. This is in memory of the 112th. (Wessex) Field Regiment R.A. They shot the 5th. Dorsets into their objectives from hill112 in Normandy up to the Rhine at Arnhem where they

fired in support of the 4th. Dorsets in their attempt to relieve the Paras.

• 4 weeks later...
Nice T16 but unless you have found some new photographic sources most students on the subject believe they were only used by the Canadians in NW Europe.

it's a swiss t16 and we mack him back on swiss ( with us one are only 3 swiss t16!)

• 11 months later...