new CVR(T) track manufacturer, or so they say

teletech

Im sure Cooks would produce it for you if you stumped up the large amount of cash they would no doubt require. I suspect there is enough track out there to last the private market for a while yet though. Lots of people have spare track stashed away so it does filter out from time to time.

is there no way/method to fit new rubbers pads to existing tracks ?

Depends on what you want it for - if not used on the road the rubber pads serve little or no purpose. I would imagine bush wear/ stretch is a more common cause for track to be condemned.

If you look on Cooks website they also offer a version with replaceable pads, but Ive never seen these on a vehicle, and in addition they offer one with an extra thick pad.

Whilst £16k+vat is clearly out of the reach of a private owner (well most of them!) it is still actually less than I would have thought...

As for trying to rebond new pads onto worn out track, well anything is possible but what is the point if your bushes are nearly worn out anyway..

Actually given that Staman reputedly charge €26000 + vat for their repro sherman chevron track, the £16k doesnt seem so bad after all!!

Edited by timbo

Buy track now and keep it for tomorrow. There will be a time in the not too distant future that all of these vehicles are out of service and tracks will no longer be readily available. Remember CVR(T) track and Stormer track are not the same!