Withams

paulob1

Popped up to withams to view the Foden recovery truck...they have loads of them,,,are they selling anything from there these days...seems they have more stock than they know what to do with and no customers...

Simon helped but I have to say no one seems particularly keen on selling anything up there....

Not sure why but it just seems they are really not interested in selling us things..is it just me...

I missed the last auction, saw loads of lotted items wonder how much sold this time..

Umm - I'm not overly happy with Withams.

I went to view some CET's a few months ago.

Guide price - £9500 plus VAT.

A salesman came out to show me the six CET's parked outside. He informed me they were the last ones left and these were the best of the lot!!

That was a matter of personal opinion as it was obvious to me they had been outside for at least four years............

Anyway how much do you think he wanted for a CET?

£75000 pounds each !!!!!!!!!!!!

REALLY - From a guide price of £9500.....................

The funny thing is two weeks later two CET's were advertised by other dealers at £9500, ex reserve models and they looked to be in far better condition than the ones Withams had.

I was going to e-mail Paul at Withams and ask if his salesmen were smoking something illegal..................... as they were obviously off their heads - but in all honesty I can't be bothered and it would probably fall on deaf ears anyway.

Their loss as they managed to give me the hump and I won't be going back!!!

Umm - I'm not overly happy with Withams.

I went to view some CET's a few months ago.

Guide price - £9500 plus VAT.

A salesman came out to show me the six CET's parked outside. He informed me they were the last ones left and these were the best of the lot!!

That was a matter of personal opinion as it was obvious to me they had been outside for at least four years............

Anyway how much do you think he wanted for a CET?

£75000 pounds each !!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF? :nut:

These are the ones listed under "direct sales", right?

I was once told something very similar by one of their own salesmen, Andy.

I think they probably get fed up with private individuals, imagine how many tyre kickers they get just wanting to have a nose around and take photos when instead they could sell dozens of vehicles to the Red Cross or similar.. still, very annoying for the genuine private individuals. A customer is still a customer and I've walked out before not buying something I had gone for because of their attitude.

Sadly, I also had a very negative experience. I wanted a Sturgeon or two. Being out of the country knew it would take a while to sort out the paperwork but offered a detailed explanation of my knowledge of the process and timeline involved. I then offered to pay any reasonable storage and handling charges. I was rebuffed in what I felt was a very unprofessional manner, suggesting I hadn't any idea what was involved and don't contact them again!

I did reluctantly give them some money through a broker in the UK but I gather most of these vehicles went for scrap.

Sigh.

WTF? :nut:

These are the ones listed under "direct sales", right?

They were listed as Direct Sales but they were in no better condition than the ones sold in the tenders!

One of the tender CET's went for around £7k.

If anyone is looking for a CET, Marcus Glen has a couple left and they are in pretty good condition.

Popped up to withams to view the Foden recovery truck...they have loads of them,,,are they selling anything from there these days...seems they have more stock than they know what to do with and no customers...

Simon helped but I have to say no one seems particularly keen on selling anything up there....

Not sure why but it just seems they are really not interested in selling us things..is it just me...

I missed the last auction, saw loads of lotted items wonder how much sold this time..

If you are wanting a Foden recovery try Dave Crouch, I tried Withams when I was wanting to buy a Leyland Daf 4 tonner, I couldn't get a straight answer from them when I was asking the price. I went to Dave Crouch who had sensible prices and would do an 'on the road' package, paid a deposit and a couple of weeks later paid the rest and drove it home.

Would Definately recommend David Crouch,good to deal with and does have some Foden Recovery in at 15k.

(excellent value don't know what they cost when new)

the underlift is too short for me, i wanted to use it to lift buses but it wont with only about 6 foot underlift...

I have only been at Withams once, to help pick up a few defenders that werent road worthy. They did not like us working on the lot to make a runner out of them, afterall a few needed to be driven on and off the ferry. I did how ever leave my phone number for the day he needed a extra man to work for them. Seemed like a nice bunch to work with.

I have only been at Withams once, to help pick up a few defenders that werent road worthy. They did not like us working on the lot to make a runner out of them, afterall a few needed to be driven on and off the ferry. I did how ever leave my phone number for the day he needed a extra man to work for them. Seemed like a nice bunch to work with.

i think the people are totally nice, its just the intent, the urgency the interest to sell, its like they actually don't want to sell...

sounds to me like a strong case of complacency along the lines of

" we got the contract so you have to deal with us so it doesn't matter how we behave "

Sadly it happens a lot once a company is given more or less 'sole rights' to something .......

A very poor business manner and attitude I'd say .....