Hi from Annecy, France

Le Prof

Hi All,

My name is Adrian, originally from the UK Midlands, but settled in Annecy, France for ten years now.

In the UK I was quite involved with re-enactment (in the pre Saving Private Ryan/pre Ebay era), with few repros available then. Some may remember my name as Prof from then. (-:

Vehicle wise, I still have a 1941ish Willys MB, ex British Army, and an SS cars 'Airborne' trailer, though they are little used now.

I also have large collections of documents and original vehicle dataplates, which I hope to use to contribute here.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Prof

HI ADRAIN

First welcome to answer your question on the pioneer thread the sectioned MB it was taken out of storage and refurbished

by a young trainee girl attached to the workshops as part of a practical project for her course work it was put on display

and the last l heard it was at the NATIONAL ARMY MUSEUM were you a member of 39/45 SORRY to post on here but did not want to side line the pioneer thread

REGARDS WALLY

Hi Wally

HI ADRAIN

First welcome to answer your question on the pioneer thread the sectioned MB it was taken out of storage and refurbished

by a young trainee girl attached to the workshops as part of a practical project for her course work it was put on display

and the last l heard it was at the NATIONAL ARMY MUSEUM were you a member of 39/45 SORRY to post on here but did not want to side line the pioneer thread.

Well remembered. :)

Yes, I was one of the 39/45MVG, though possibly not the Adrian you remember best (there were several of us!). Adrian S with the (genuine) British Airborne jeep was the guy you had most contact with. He's still around, living in Derbyshire, still has the same jeep.

You very kindly entertained us on a couple of occasions, for which I thank you.

Nice to know the sectioned MB was finally restored. From what I remember, it was a no glove box slat grill, possibly ex-Canadian since it had lifting rings.

Good to know that you are still sharing your knowledge and experience.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Hi All,

My name is Adrian, originally from the UK Midlands, but settled in Annecy, France for ten years now.

In the UK I was quite involved with re-enactment (in the pre Saving Private Ryan/pre Ebay era), with few repros available then. Some may remember my name as Prof from then. (-:

Vehicle wise, I still have a 1941ish Willys MB, ex British Army, and an SS cars 'Airborne' trailer, though they are little used now.

I also have large collections of documents and original vehicle dataplates, which I hope to use to contribute here.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Prof

Prof

Nice to see you on here.

Tim

Hi Tim

Welcome...

Nice part of the world. Had a very nice parapente trip there last summer, but boy that traffic!!

That would be Forclaz, or Mouxy? I was up Forclaz (walking) on Sunday, shortly before joining our local "Je Suis Charlie" march in the city center. 30,000 people certainly made an impressive sight!

Apart from gatherings like that, it's normally far better traffic at this time of year, but jumping off cliffs would be too cold now, I guess? :laugh:

Certainly too cold for jeeps.

Best Regards,

Prof