G'Day from Vic, Australia

LVT-4

I'm AMTRAC LVT crazy

Did not have an interest in old Military Vehicles until I saw an LVT up close. It was love at first sight. Also have an interest in Stuart's, Sherman's and Halftrack's.

LVT-4s is what gets me all worked up the most!

I'm trying to put a list together of surviving LVTs and contacts, in my quest to purchase a LVT and parts.

Regards

Jason

I'm AMTRAC LVT crazy

Did not have an interest in old Military Vehicles until I saw an LVT up close. It was love at first sight. Also have an interest in Stuart's, Sherman's and Halftrack's.

LVT-4s is what gets me all worked up the most!

I'm trying to put a list together of surviving LVTs and contacts, in my quest to purchase a LVT and parts.

Regards

Jason

Hi Jason,

We meet again! Welcome to the forum, hope it helps in your quest.

regards, Richard

Thanks guys for the warm welcome.

Very much appreciated!

Richard has been a big help getting me started.

I'm originally from WA, but have been living in Vic for the last 8 years.

Kind regards

Jason

Edited by LVT-4

Hi Jason,

They aren't specifically for sale; the plan is to get the engine running and then fire it up on open days, while also keeping it as a spare for the M3 Stuart, but the museum is in the process of raising funds to purchase the current property, so anything that works towards that goal will be considered.

I personally don't know too much about the engine; I know that it's not running but is complete - or near complete and the workshop manager feels that he can get it going without too much money being spent on it. It is from an LVT originally and is plated as being manufactured by Continental for the Bureau of Ships.

I'll be at the museum tomorrow, if you'd like me to make some enquiries about it and maybe take a few photos?

Cheers,

Terry