What to look for on a 15cwt bedford

Willyslancs

On the way to school over 30 years ago, I saw a 15 cwt Bedford truck(converted to breakdown) in a garden , thought it had been sold many years ago ,Recently I have noticed the house has a skip in it and rubbish being put in it. Tonight when I past a part of the garden fence to the side is missing and there peeping round the house ,is the said truck .!! I have put a note thru the letter box this evening to see if it will be getting moved on . what kind of thing do I look for if I get asked to go look? would be a different matter if it was a Jeep , but new territory here :drive:

It depends if you want to own it or not! If you do then trust your instincts.

That said I doubt that time has been kind so really I would just be trying to see how good/bad it was overall and the extent to which it has all the key bits and bobs, engine, gearbox, wheels windows etc etc etc.

Probably best to leave the rose-tinted at home though...

My kind of project that - the more horrible the better. There is little worse than someone saying that something is in great shape, paying top dollar for it then discovering that there are a number of meanings to the phrase "in great shape". At least with something you have to load into the trailer with a shovel you know where you are and the only way is up!

You will definitely need a bonnet - good job I have a new one in stock ready to go. We also do a good line in other tin and timber bits.

(Rustytrucks rule No 1 - never miss a sales opportunity..............tee hee!)

Rust. You need to look for rust :)

Speaking of which, Paul, when are you going to update your site with more progress on your Mack? Also, your site gives no indication at all about where you're located.

Cheers,

Terry

Mmmmm good question on the Mack......I have promised myself that I will be getting on with it without further delay but at the same time we are maxed out with customers stuff!

In fact the website needs a serious overhaul as even that has taken second place to spanner work. I will probably re-jig the website to be more of an advertisement and use Facebook to do the regular updates.

That said I have set myself the challenge of getting the Mack on the rally circuit next season, so watch this space!

Oh and we are based in Cumbria.