Suggstions for non-idling Stalwart

andym

My new acquisition, Little Maud, refuses to idle. She'll run quite happily at 2000rpm or above, and will just maintain 1500rpm on the hand throttle. Anything below that the engine revs gradually decrease until it stops. This feels very carburetter related, would any fellow B-series owners care to make any suggestions of where to look for the cause?

Andy

Andy,

Different generation engine, I know, but a very recent post on here for a CVR(T) strongly suggested blocked idle jet(s)/ ports in the carb. Symptoms are strikingly similar. My 4pfs worth, before a 'grown - up comes along ;)

'Chas.'

Andy,

Different generation engine, I know, but a very recent post on here for a CVR(T) strongly suggested blocked idle jet(s)/ ports in the carb. Symptoms are strikingly similar. My 4pfs worth, before a 'grown - up comes along ;)

'Chas.'

Your not wrong....same or very similar Solex carb, Stalwart has 48nnip carb.

Thanks both - in the end it was that simple, although getting to the jets is "interesting". Unfortunately after a 30 minute escapade round some fields the problem has returned, so looks like it's time to drain the tank, flush through and replace the fuel filter.

Andy

I had a similar problem with my Saracen; turns out that a vacuum line was not connected correctly and there was a massive air leak. It ran fine with the choke on (as it was compensating for the extra air) but not off or at idle. A spare bolt and a hose clamp in the end of the hose fixed it :D

Cheers,

Terry