Land Rover Series 3 Restoration

The strangest memory popped into my head this morning t was one of those things you notice when you are out and about think to yourself "that's a bit odd" but carry on with whatever task you were doing at the time.

It was at work on Wednesday evening and the heavens had opened up. The rain was coming down sideways and I was dropping a trailer onto a bay when I say a driver come out of the building covering his BALD head with a bit of A4 paper while running toward his truck. What's odd about that you ask? well break it down.

He was trying to protect his head with an A4 sized bit of paper now lets face it you are not going to be covering up much with that are you?

Oh and he was as BALD as a baby's backside. He could have casually strolled through a waterfall and only would have had to wipe his hand over his shiny dome to dry it!

Maybe it was some built in primal instinct to cover his full and funky locks from days gone by who knows.

OK then My project is coming along nicely so it was time to look at the electrics and here is what we have going on.

The Front headlights and side lights work just fine.

The indicators only work on the off side.

The hazards only work on the offside.

The rear side lights only work on the offside.

Fog lights don't work at all.

The horn, wipers and washers don't work.

have taken the dash off and there is this wire just floating about looking like it should be attached somewhere...

20141026_095149_zps3f522ad5.jpg

The fuse box looks past its best if I am honest with corrosion on the terminals and if you move it around the dash instruments work then don't then do!

The pile of freshly cooked spaghetti behind the dash looks like its going to be great fun! I am learning as I go here on the electrical front on Land rovers and its looking like it will be a steep curve!

I have pleaded for help across a few forums so I will update as and when I make any sort of headway.

As for those of you who re thinking to themselves "hang on I thought he was doing the brakes?" you are right and yes I am but I'm a bit stuck until the new pipework arrives next week so I thought I would give myself a stroke by pretending to be a sparky for the morning!

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lights on.

Main

Posted by min200 Sun, November 02, 2014 17:01:13

I've been looking forward to today all week. It was the one morning that I had nothing booked in and no chores to run so it was to be time to put the brakes back together.

I woke up to the sound of pouring rain hitting the bedroom window so plans had o change. I admit I was feeling a bit peeved to say the least as the prospect of getting over another milestone on the old project was appealing but seeing as I have no garage to work in I am at the mercy of mother nature and as much as I would like to make her do differently she is a fickle mistress who will do as she pleases.

The ran passed by nine thirty but the driveway was soaked so no lying on it for today but I then remembered I had a load of electrical bits to be sorting out on it as seeing as most of that is inside I grabbed my babygrow and hopped in.

After looking at the fuse box last week I ordered a new one because the corrosion was pretty bad on the contacts.

20141102_123225_zpsafa3e37f.jpg

It didn't look any better when I had taken all of the wiring off so I think I made the right call here!

20141102_123746_zpsaf589641.jpg

Obviously I have taken pictures to make sure I put the wiring back in the right place and not cause myself any unnecessary headaches but the shiny new one looked good before putting it on.

All surprisingly went well and with everything refitted I had a check through to see if it had cured any issues at all...it had! The wipers now work and I am hoping the washers will too once they are refitted as its the same button (I think but im probably wrong!) To say such a simple noise form a motor and a simple action such as the rotten old wipers smearing themselves across the screen can bring such a feeling of happiness is very very true....it felt like Christmas and I felt like a proper mechanic right up until I checked out the indicators on the near side. They still were not working.

SO I set to work changing over the indicator relay that had turned up in a box of bits that I bought a few weeks back and had been living down south in my Dads shed until I collected them yesterday. It made no difference at all the light sat there doing nothing and taunting me silently..."I am no mechanic" I thought as the euphoria of getting the wipers working faded away.

Out came the trusty multimeter I bought some time back and with apprehension I tested the bulb holder wiring both front and back. There was power to the back one so I checked it over cleaned it up and put the bulb back in place...let there be light!

One down and one to go....the front one didn't want to play but I managed to figure out there was power up until where the wires joined for the holder but none after it. Connections checked and still nothing happening so I delved into my box of spares and pulled out a spare bulb holder wired it up and it worked!!!!!!!!! Drilling out the rivets holding on the old one was a quick and easy affair along with fitting the replacement. Indication is no longer a problem for me nor is the hazard warning for the many times I will undoubtedly be broken down on the roadside!

The fog lights just will not play though. I only get a faint reading of power anywhere on the circuit so that will be solved either by the excellent advice I get on the forums or by removing the lights and switch altogether as they are not a legal requirement on a 1983 motor.

I cant find the horn either? It was getting dark but im buggered if I can see it??? Still another job for another day. All in all a good day in dragging my Landy back to life!

www.nickysmith.me

[h=2]Alcohol.[/h]MainPosted by min200 Sun, November 09, 2014 08:31:31

I have changed...long gone are the days of boozing heavily getting up and starting again the next lunchtime. Last night I had 3 pints of Hobgoblin a bottle of Budweiser and a shot of something green. I am glad I stopped there because my backside stinks worse than a rotting dog and this morning I am teetering on the edge of having a hangover and that's enough of a reminder that I don't like them very much. Also what is with not being able to sleep properly when you have had more than a couple of drinks? Is it just me or does everyone else have this happen as well? I am a grown up now or just a proper lightweight?

I will stick to my bottle of beer and cheeky vodka on a weekend evening from now on but the reason for a few extra's was it was the mother in laws surprise 60th Birthday party. It was that much of a surprise I didnt know about it until yesterday morning but according to the Wifey she told me weeks ago. The reasons I was a bit miffed about it were the fact I didnt want to go and we were supposed to be off out with the Nottingham Land Rover Club for a bonfire and play away off road...bloody family lol.

Today is a free pass day though so I get to go and try to finish my brakes off but I wanted to do a quick update on parts bought and sold. I managed to sell the two way tank switch for a nice sum and I bought a new exhaust system, flexi hose pipes and a proper number plate light. Below are the latest figures and I will update later about how many brake pipes I ruined changing the over later!

Landy Project Costs

Land Rover £375

Sanding Discs £11.70

Ignition Barrel £20

Heritage letter £21.75

2x Batteries and rear 1/4 light £35

Pair Battery Terminal Clamps £3.99

Floor pan nuts & bolts £6.50

Grinding disc £2.25

Under Seal £8.99

Complete set of lights £85

5 Litres Primer £24.99

4 Discovery Wheels £10.20

Rear Door £21.00

Front Door £20.00

Handbrake spring £1.50

2 Discovery wheels

Two seatbelts

Wing Mirror

2 Headlight surrounds

2 headlight frames £60

2 Front Doors £60

Nato Green Paint £36

Rear Window Seal and insert £9.99

Wiring connectors £3.00

2 tins of silver metal paint £7.00

Fuses & Sandpaper £4.50

5x tins black spray £5.00

5x more tins black spray £5.00

Clutch fluid

Exhaust putty

WD40 £8.49

Car Boot Bits £13

Front & rear shocks £59.45

Front & rear brake rebuild kits £81.62

Fuel tank & filler £40

Wheels complete with tyres £250

Fuel pump

Fuel hose

Indicator stalk

Bonnet strap

Brake switch

Fuel pump gasket

Fuel line clips £67.74

24v Wiper motor

24v flasher relay

24v heater

24v front loom

oil cooler

Door tops x2

Rear bench seat £67.50

Roof rack £100

Wheel nuts £8

Brake pipe kit £39

Wheels & Tyres £250

Exhaust System & Flexi hose pipes £66

Number plate light £5

CREDIT FOR BITS SOLD OFF OF PROJECT £424

TOTAL £1414.16

Brake pipes

Main

Posted by min200 Sun, November 09, 2014 19:31:57

Well that was ****s and giggles from the start. "Change the brake pipes" I thought "how hard can it be" I thought "I mean its only nuts on the end of pipe so should be done in a couple of hours."

Try all bloody day from breakfast until the light went out of the sky. I bought a kit because I am lazy and it would save cutting and flaring the pipe but I am so very glad I did because if it took me all day to fit the ready made stuff I would have been there a week building the pipes as well.

It started ok with the rear pipes coming off easily enough and the new pipe going on. It was at this early stage though that I realised that each of the pipes had been cut a little bit longer than was needed and this would prove a pain later on the longer bits when I had to be inventive in bending it in such a way that I could lose some of the length into gaps where it wouldnt get ripped off when I am off road.

20141109_120554_zps3d797770.jpg

So the back done and the long pipe from front to back bent into places I tackled the front brakes. The flexi hose were shot so I decided they had to be replaced.

20141109_124248_zpsad50f256.jpg

Came off easy enough.

20141109_124912_zpsb00cc578.jpg

20141109_132354_zps7dbda12f.jpg

The new hose went on no problem along with the new pipe from hose to drums but when I came to fitting the link pipe from the top of the drum to the bottom I realised I had made a mistake...it is almost impossible to fit the bottom of the link pipe to the bottom brake calliper with the calliper fitted to the back plate.

Off came the newly fitted pads and then the calliper removed so I could feed the pipe through the back plate screw it in place then refit all snug and tidy.

The only other issue I had was the master brake cylinder. This must either be an odd military spec one or the pipe kit had the wrong screw fitting on one pipe end because the screw/nut that goes into my master cylinder closest to the front of the motor is a larger size. Seems a bit odd but hey what do I know and luckily these front two pipes were the only ones that were any good so I took them off and gave them a clean up before refitting. Of course one of the screw ends did not want to go back where it had come from for a good twenty minutes but two skinned knuckles and a few new kick dents in place all is well.

The following picture is of my drip tray.....

20141109_135034_zpsd24fc3d6.jpg

Now this is a fantastic bit of kit for when you are draining oils out of anything and for any leaks you have going on and this one was doing just this when I backed up under the Landy bending pipework into place whilst simultaneously dipping th eback of my skull into it. With an oily skull I jerked upwards into the chassis with my forehead then back down hard into the concrete driveway with my wet skull both cracking it hard and collecting plenty of rusty dust and general dirt.

I love rebuilding my Landy at times and at other times I wonder what the hell I have started....

Bleeding Brakes.

Main

Posted by min200 Mon, November 10, 2014 23:29:47

This is always a fun job trying to force the air out of a new brake system and get the nice new brake fluid through the shiny pipes so I have treated myself to a shiny new tool that I have been told will solve all of my problems from the above and quickly to boot!

Here is the new toy...

20141110_100454_zpsbe1797af.jpg

So any ideas on how it works? No? Me neither and do you see the white instruction pages at the top right of the picture? That was nicely tucked away so you couldnt see it in that slot so I did my best impression of a monkey on the Krypton Factor trying to solve the winning puzzle before I knocked the whole case off of its perch on top of the motorbike scattering the whole bloody lot across the drive and the instructions took on a new lease of life at being freed making a gentle fluttering dash into the dual carriageway that runs past my front door. Once I picked up the mess up the manual was very helpful!

Once I had the kit put together I remembered to take the top off of the fluid reservoir...

20141110_100457_zpsf29d8b00.jpg

which is most helpful as is putting the fluid in the system! You work the vacuum pump in order of nearest to the servo first then working away from it. The first three corners went well enough, apart from a small puddle of fluid on the front nearside wheel where I had forgotten to tighten the pipe nut up then had me crawling around checking them all convinced I must be getting early onset dementia, and left me thinking what a good investment I had made but would the last and furthest corner bleed through??? No it would not.

After an hour of more right hand action than my wrist has seen in years I threw in the towel and dug out my old bleeding pipe with the non return valve on the end and the last stubborn corner was finished air free with a firm brake pedal and a huge smile on my face!

The brake pads were then adjusted up properly and I went and grabbed some lunch. As the day was going so well and I had a couple of hours to kill before having to meet one of the many daughters for an evening meal I thought I would whip off the old rotten exhaust. This too went really well with old rusty nuts giving in to my spanners at the first hurdle and the three nuts on the exhaust manifold played as well! What a day I was having this really is superb!

The rear and mid sections fell off no worries that just left the front section. This is still stuck under the bloody car. Can I get the damned thing out? Nope its still out there laughing at me. I need to jack the front of the motor up a lot more to get the damned thing out and the new section in, oh that and an angle grinder. Im chopping the old one out first because it has a bad attitude has been laughing at me and just needs teaching a lesson, by "teaching a lesson" I mean I am going to kick its head in cut it into small pieces and bury it on the allotments out back.

Showers of sparks

Main

Posted by min200 Tue, November 11, 2014 16:02:50

There were chores to do. I couldn't put them off any longer. The dog was following me around like a lost puppy wanting a walk the warm autumn still had the grass growing so I had to coax one last cut out of the old knackered mower that the wheels keep falling off and last but not least the driveway had all of the leaves from every tree in the neighbourhood piled high in the corners.

On the plus side it didn't take too long to get sorted and then the fun commenced! I dug out the grinder and went smirking to myself to the stuck exhaust piece...

20141111_103331_zps22f71a88.jpg

What a shame I was finally going to get to kill it!

20141111_103403_zps9d527878.jpg

It took all of 30 seconds to cut it away and we were then in business!

20141111_103703_zpse84b16ce.jpg

The reason for fitting a new exhaust isnt because the old one looked rusty it was solid enough but the problem was this....

20141111_103716_zps7aa52271.jpg

A bit flat to say the least and it wasn't letting a great deal of exhaust gas through. Out with the old and in with the new. I jacked up the front of the Landy another notch on the axle stands which gave me enough clearance to fit the new front pipe without a repeat of getting stuck again. The whole system fitted in no problem along with new brackets and bolts.

20141111_130301_zpsaa203b97.jpg

All shiny and new!!!! It wont take long to cure that problem.

With that done quicker than expected and while the grinder was out I went to work on removing the last of the FFR brackets out of the rear tub. I had to move a couple of boxes around and somehow managed to set off the fire extinguisher with one...

At least I know it would have worked if I had needed it!

20141111_144035_zps804d7c90.jpg

I attacked the FFR brackets with the grinder and gusto then soon enough they were all out as well.

20141111_142804_zpsc23af371.jpg

Onto Ebay they will go! Every penny helps towards the rebuild. Then seeing as I had nothing better to do I fitted the rear seat I had picked up. That was an easy job just two holes to drill and hey presto all sorted.

20141111_144105_zpsfca7df8c.jpg

It's been a good few days off of work and I feel like I have now come over the hill top with this project. With any luck it will be on the road soon and then I will have to choose another project to be getting on with! Maybe a Discovery next time....

All seems to be coming along nicely there.

I have one of those vacuum bleeders/testers as well.

Also had trouble with it on the furthest away one so resorted to the easibleed which needs air pressure, but nothing a flatish tyre cannot fix.

Got to do it all again as the end is not perfect and I am in the process of changing a cracked manifold.

Yes I have also found you need to jack the front of the truck into the stratosphere to do the downpipe.

Mine was originally replaced because it was almost as bat as yours. A flattened exhaust pipe must be standard military fitment.

The radio table mount brackets have strengtheners that are rivetted threough the tub base and maybe useful for whoever buys the bits.

There is also an angle on the rear of the bulkhead that held down the battery cover. Now those are pretty hard to come by, took me ages to get one.

Mike

There is also an angle on the rear of the bulkhead that held down the battery cover. Now those are pretty hard to come by, took me ages to get one.

Mike

Yep thats still there but I will need it to hold down the battery cover lol. I am thinking about relocating the batteries to under the passenger seat at some point to give more room in the back. That will be an after its on the road job though.

Cant wait to get behind the wheel!

Yep thats still there but I will need it to hold down the battery cover lol. I am thinking about relocating the batteries to under the passenger seat at some point to give more room in the back. That will be an after its on the road job though.

Cant wait to get behind the wheel!

It holds down the cover for the radio battery.

The vehicle batteries are in a seperate box.

Are you leaving yours winterised?

If not you could consider relocating to the standard FFR position between the front seats

You would of course need to track down cover etc.

Mike

racking.jpg

P1010685.jpg

Not a lot doing.

Main

Posted by min200 Sun, November 16, 2014 16:21:06

Autumn weather sucks. Its bloody dark early and cold normally wet then nonsense like Christmas shopping turns up out of the blue that I get dragged along to God knows why its not like I get to give any input into the choice of anything at all. Well that last bit is not strictly true I get to give my input which duly gets a nod from Wifey who then tells me I am wrong and does what she wants anyway.

So I managed to grab an hour earlier to have a go on the Landy. I thought I would get the old girl started so put in some fuel and bled it through. Turned the key to find out that the batteries are about flat so no turnover there. I mean endless hours of having the lights on sorting the electrics shouldn't flatten two old batteries that havn't been charged in three months should it eh! Ok I know I was lucky to have them last that long but dumb ass that I ma should have put them on charge yesterday but hey ho if that was going to be the worse thing that happened today then it will still be a good day.

The replacement fuel tank leaks.

I'm hoping its because the seal has been dry for some time and it will swell up again but I suppose I will find out tomorrow. If it needs a new fuel tank then so be it we are that far in now it doesn't really matter.

I then jumped underneath the Landy and spray painted the prop shafts and axles black to tidy them up. Forgot to take pictures of that and I wasn't getting back under it in the wet to do it so that can be saved for a future post.

Then I changed the back wheels over to the new ones that are going on and removed the axle stands...must be getting somewhere a set of axle stands is away!

20141116_131040_zps4cd1022e.jpg

I have been meaning to buy black paint for the front window frame for months and today forgot it yesterday so seeing as there was no rain I painted the bugger green for now.

20141116_134445_zps6645ce4b.jpg

While the paint was out I gave the battery cover box a once over as well.

20141116_135042_zpse2d39d14.jpg

Then it was time to go out with the youngest daughter to buy something she "desperately" needed. Luckily I looked in the mirror before I left....

20141116_135710_zps4394b225.jpg

Paint on the nose...without noticing....I mean how???

Ticking over

Main

Posted by min200 Mon, November 17, 2014 12:09:49

Last night I charged up the batteries so this morning I could get the engine running again.

I popped both of them into place wired them up and turned the ignition over but it wouldnt start! I figured I hadnt yet pulled enough fuel through the new pump and pipework so pumped away again to my hearts content for a couple of minutes. It's bloody awkward reaching that pump handle you have to bend over and practically lie on the engine top to do it...well a short arse like me does.

That was enough to fire her up and I was happy to hear the exhaust system was sealed and the dash dials were working nicely. I watched as all the old dust and dirt in those hard to get places burnt away and the temperature needle started to climb.

I forgot to say yesterday that I tested the brakes out with the help of my youngest again and they all worked! I had to tweak a couple but all is well there now so that pleased me no end!

Back to the engine though the temperature had hit the middle of the dial so I thought it best to check that the thermostat was working seeing as it has been in there for so long. I reached for the pipe running from the top of the housing to the radiator and this is where it got interesting.

You know those big metal fan blades that help cool your rad the ones that are normally painted blue...mine are red now.

The Landy demanded a larger blood offering this time before I am allowed to finish it completely well that's what I am going with anyway because it sounds better than "I am a dozy pillock that shouldn't be allowed near moving engine parts".

I felt for the top pipe to check for heat slipped and pushed my fingers into the rotating metal fan blades.

20141117_112219_zps5d57febc.jpg

To say I have been lucky is an understatement. My first finger went in and got skinned on the side and split next to the side of the nail, my third finger came worse off with a blade going in and out just below the finger nail on the tip very deeply but coming out again before it took the whole tip with it! All fingers are nicely bruised and bloody painful but hey it could have been so very much worse.

Now we all hurt ourselves often when playing around with motors and normally just shrug off the pain thinking "knobhead" and the like but you know that feeling when you KNOW you have done some real damage...I have not felt that in a long time and am in no rush to do it again. I have to take the week off of work, just what I need on the run up to Christmas, but at least its only a week. I can remove the Steri strips on Saturday after a good soaking but until then I am not allowed to get it wet, dirty or put any pressure on it at all. Doesn't it seem like a lot of fuss for a cut lol

The nurse seemed to take sadistic pleasure in cleaning it out that smarted a bit!

A week to kill and nothing to do because if I touch The Landy Wifey will kill me. I cannot write a great deal because dong it left handed is an interesting experience and this blog entry has taken me an hour...best get some books out of the library!

I guess a infrared digital thermometer is now on your Santa list, wish you a speedy recovery and if you do feel the need to work on the landy just don't get caught. I shall also take this point to say excellent job so far and keep up the good work.

Ouch that feels painful just looking at it.

I think you need a fan shroud for the shopping list.

Makes changing drive belts a bit difficult but offers other benefits.

I also learnt this weekent that exhaust manifolds get very hot very quick.

Mike

PS: Don't seem to have a picture of the radio battery cover angle ob the computor.

ffr motor.jpg

Caught red handed!

Main

Posted by min200 Tue, November 18, 2014 16:38:43

You know I am banned from doing anything on the Landy until the weekend at the soonest so my poor little fingers get a chance to heal a bit well Wifey was at work the kids at school/college and after somehow cleaning out the chicken coop and the Dragons vivarium one handed over a couple of hours I got to sit down with a cup of tea.

As I sat there looking out of the dining room window at the Land Rover the devil inside started chipping away at me.

"Just have a look around it that will be ok"

"Might as well have a sit in it and smell that project oil"

"No one is in...no one will ever know"

"Its ok as long you don't do anything to it"

"You have your "good" clothes on so you wouldn't dare get them dirty!"

My resolve soon crumbled and I found myself sitting in the drivers seat with the keys in my hand, what harm could starting it do?

The key turned the engine coughed into life and I sat surrounded by the sweet burble of the 2 1/4 petrol engine ticking over. Seeing as it was running I decided to let it get really warmed up and watched the temp gauge rise steadily. Now there is another way of seeing if your thermostat works rather than shoving your fingers into the radiator blades and this is by watching your temperature gauge. It will climb and climb while you sit with the engine running then it will drop down a fair bit once the thermostat opens then steadily climb a bit until it finds it running level.

This is what I did. I sat there with my fingers throbbing with worry about a repeat of yesterdays performance in the warmth of the heater looking at the dash water and oil temp levels sitting nicely bang in the middle where they should be and the only fault I found with the arctic heater in that the air seems to be blowing out of the bottom of the unit rather than out of the pipework it was supposed to come from so no biggy just a bit of a fix. All is well my project is nearing completion.

This is when my eldest daughter walked up the drive. I didn't see her coming because I was sitting with my head back in the drivers seat just enjoying the engine noise...caught red handed.

She had that look on her face that daughters can only ever learn from their mothers, you know the one that look that you remember from childhood the on ewhere its a mixture of stern consternation and disapproval that you are doing exactly the thing you KNOW you should not be doing...Busted!

"DAD YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE WORKING ON THAT WITH YOUR HAND YOU WILL MAKE YOURSELF WORSE!"

"How do I get out of this then?" I thought to myself. In a split second my mind ran through thousands of possibilities and settled on a winner. She's learning to drive you see...she is getting a bit of a thing for Land Rovers now and really quite fancies a SWB you see....she has never sat in one and really wants to drive one....I had to be subtle to pull this off.

"You are right kid you are right that's why I am just running the new exhaust in" (A vicious lie I know but she has no idea about mechanics so why not) "I have to do it before servicing the engine properly...fancy a sit in the drivers seat to help?"

The look in her eyes changed from suspicion to excitement as she jumped into the seat and revved the engine a few times. "Like it?" I asked. "Yea" she said with a massive grin on her face...I might just pull this off...

"Good kid its great eh! Look don't tell your Mother I was in it not that I was "working" on it just sitting there but she will just worry and I will let you drive it as soon as it has an MOT on it"

She looked at me sideways with a mix of knowing what I was doing and temptation...temptation won. She says it's a deal so I may dodge the wrath of Wifey on this one but if the daughter is anything like the mother it will cost me dearly!#

http://www.nickysmith.me

Throbbing.

Main

Posted by min200 Wed, November 19, 2014 13:55:21

I awoke to just the one finger hurting the one with the big slice in so I thought to myself that it was a bonus the finger tip bruising is easing off. That lasted until I got up and tried to use my right hand which informed me in no uncertain terms I am still a cretin that tried to remove his fingers with a fan blade. It's right I am a complete tool! Thank god I still have a full set of fingers!

On that note have you ever tried to wipe your arse with your left hand? No? me neither until this morning and what an experience it is! It wasn't until I had lets say finished manoeuvres that as I sat there the dawning realisation of the task before me hit home. Its not really something you think about is it wiping your arse? I mean you just do it like so many other things it just has to be done... I ended up laughing at myself when I realised I was sort of hovering and balancing on my right leg whilst trying to aim my left hand with a safety "just in case this goes wrong" huge amount of loo roll thinking to myself "well which way do I normally wipe? Back to front, front to back?" It really isnt that complicated is it! Needless to say mission accomplished but my word it took some thinking about!

There was me thinking that brushing your teeth left handed was weird with the toothbrush facing the wrong way!

SO what could I do to the Landy today then? Obviously not a lot... I mean we know I am not allowed to do anything and after yesterdays near miss I wasnt up for pushing my luck too far, well that and my eldest daughter was kicking around the house in that semi awake state teenagers seem to live in and I am sure she was supposed to be at college so there may be a plot at keeping an eye on me going on here.

All I could come up with to do was to take the battery box cover out of the painting room (greenhouse) and fit it.

20141119_084656_zps260f323c.jpg

Looks good enough and has just shown me that I need to paint the inside of the Landy as well as the outside!

I then mooched around outside for a bit seeing a few things that "I could be getting on with" so quickly retreated indoors. Here I found in one of those cheesy gift magazines that kick around at Christmas time possibly THE most inappropriate gift I have ever seen...

20141119_072821_zps8b1d0eb9.jpg

FART PANTS. Pants that absorb the smell of your arse when you drop a doozy. Who thinks of these things? Who set up the photo of the bloke with his nose up the girls backside!??? If these places pay for stupid ideas I am going to be a very rich man!

Seats!

Main

Posted by min200 Wed, November 19, 2014 15:50:27

Well my new seats have arrived! I say new but they are a set of "County" seats I bought off of a chap on Facewipe.

They are in great condition and will look the business when fitted. They will be the last thing to go in as they are made of cloth and the front door windows are not completely water tight yet.

20141119_152918_zps02f19fb4.jpg

20141119_152927_zpsd2156fa1.jpg

20141119_152933_zps2e05bd6c.jpg

20141119_152944_zps4e043f42.jpg

They are a bit flat from packing & postage but I shall leave them out in the dining room over night to puff back up a bit well until Wifey gets home and gives me some grief about that!

Being home this week does have some advantages!