Schneider chassis on E bay

Great War truck

I have a pair of Schneider front wheels with good solid tyres. I picked them up in 1977 from a farm and the radiator was there as well. (Not now though). I was always surprised at the 5 spoke wheels as I have not seen any other make with wheels with 5 spokes.

If someone is in need of them, let me know as they are of no use to me.

regards Rick.

Hopefully what follows is an outline history of Schneider - The Schneider armaments company produced engines and components for Brille at their Le Harve plant 1905 /8. Brille went into liquidation in 1908 and Schneider carried on building commercial vehicles under their own name. Many of these were fitted with the circular radiators made by Ets. Goudard & Menesson , the makers of Solex carburetors. Schneider carried on at Le Harve and also Le Creusot and Paris until 1914 . They then became part of an amalamation with Usines Bouhey & Ets. Farcot , manufacturers of heavy military equipment to form Souma. The Schneider name and round radiator was still used into the early 1920s and many buses and municipal vehicles were supplied in addition to military transport. Of associated interest is that Tilling-Stevens used the circular radiator on a few vehicles around 1920. I suspect the chassis in question is a Souma in disguise !.

Richard Peskett

• 11 months later...