Wheeled Tractor Heavy Industrial Massey 2203

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PtojectTrent9131054_zps2d4f5828.jpg

Wayne,

looking at your attached photo, I think you have outboard drum brakes for the handbrake. Industrials tended to have two independent braking systems to satisfy C&U regs as it was often a highway vehicle. Some of the Industrialised 35 and 135 (MF20 I think), had two sets of shoes, one foot the other hand.

I'll take a chance and say there would be a lever on that shaft for the hand operated diff lock but I can't imagine why it would have had a hand lever and not a pedal. Although as previous I could be wrong...

Hair Bear. Thanks. I only have a MF135 and 148 service manual to gleam info from at the minute, but I suspect it is where the diff lock pedal attached.

I have an MF165 parts and service manual on the way from eBay which will help with the rear axle and brakes etc.

I cannot believe how sparse the info is on this NF2203 model. I will keep looking out there and asking appropriate questions.

Thanks

According to my Operator Manual for the MF 2203 it is a hand operated Diff lock, push forward to lock it.

OMG you have an Operators Manual? I have only just spotted this comment....

I now have document envy :(

I thought it may be a pedal for the Diff Lock, and now its a lever...... Do you have a picture or image Snort?

The plot thickens about info and differences to MF135 / 165's and the like.

In the interim thanks for clearing that up.

Wayne,

looking at your attached photo, I think you have outboard drum brakes for the handbrake. Industrials tended to have two independent braking systems to satisfy C&U regs as it was often a highway vehicle. Some of the Industrialised 35 and 135 (MF20 I think), had two sets of shoes, one foot the other hand.

Thanks Richard. More useful info as I try to understand this little machine :nut::nut:;)

Appreciate all the info being passed on here! :cool:

Hi Wayne,

That axle housing is 165.

That's one thing confirmed at least.

Also I am sure it had power steering originally, but I cannot establish if the farmer removed during its civi working life as yet.

I will take some more pictures as to why I believe it had power steering soon.

Cheers

OMG you have an Operators Manual? I have only just spotted this comment....

I now have document envy :(

I thought it may be a pedal for the Diff Lock, and now its a lever...... Do you have a picture or image Snort?

The plot thickens about info and differences to MF135 / 165's and the like.

In the interim thanks for clearing that up.

If you pay for postage I would be happy to lend it to you for a while,

• 2 weeks later...