Fan belt query

Ron

Have you got a name/contact detail for this tractor firm please?

Ron

Hi Ron, They are Chandlers of Belton, Main Rd, Belton, GRANTHAM, Lincs. NG32 2LX. 01476 590077. They may be too far from you to deal with but if you try and find a LONG established agricultural dealer in your area you may be surprised just what they have hidden away in the back of their stores ! Try to speak to the senior store man who are usually willing to go the extra mile to help. As I said earlier many farm implements of yesteryear relied on belt drive so you stand a good chance of finding something suitable. Good Luck. Dave :)

Does anyone know of a supplier of fan (V) belts for classic vehicles? There is nothing between 17mm-22mm wide from modern supplies. My Tilly belt is about 3/4" (19mm).

Thanks Ron

Hi Ron try Brammer, they are country wide and do just about evey belt / bearing / seals and loads more. http://www.brammer.co.uk/belt-drives.htm?sub-category=belt-drives.htm

Hi Ron try Brammer, they are country wide and do just about evey belt / bearing / seals and loads more. http://www.brammer.co.uk/belt-drives.htm?sub-category=belt-drives.htm

Thanks but a scan through their product range seems to be the same as the others. Nothing at 19mm (3/4"). I think it's a case of finding a (tractor) firm who have some old stocks. I'll keep looking. But I'll ring that firm in Lincoln first. It's not urgent......I just don't want to be beaten!! Ron

Have you tried Air Conditioning/Heating dealers? I got some very good fan belts for my Ford V8 vehicles from a dealer in Newbury suggested by the Air Conditioning engineers at work. I had to take an old fan belt and they matched it up, wasn't cheap but very good quality.

The ferodo part number appears to be V130. 46.25 inside diameter

Yes indeed Chris. That is the very number on my Tilly belt. Measured today by a local firm at about 47" inside, But probably stretched a bit. Have you got a name/number for that firm in Newbury? Ron

Tilly 09 074.jpg