Obituary Section?

LarryH57

Well if we have to have this, could it just be confined to people close to the MV hobby or who have made a contribution to the defence of this country?

I could see it getting clogged up with, no doubt worthy people, but who are in the public eye that have no relevance to our hobby be they broadcasters, politicians, actors, sports 'personalities' & vague 'celebrities', they will receive enough coverage in the normal range of media.

Well if we have to have this, could it just be confined to people close to the MV hobby or who have made a contribution to the defence of this country?

I could see it getting clogged up with, no doubt worthy people, but who are in the public eye that have no relevance to our hobby be they broadcasters, politicians, actors, sports 'personalities' & vague 'celebrities', they will receive enough coverage in the normal range of media.

This is under discussion with the HMVF Team & we will report back shortly.

A further thought & I don't wish this to sound callous but even with family members I think the above criteria should still be applied. Sadly from time to time we all face tragedies but I would not feel it appropriate that this MV forum is used as an outlet for such grief that is best shared within the family & close friends. Some of whom may well be MV enthusiasts, but this can be done by PM or phone calls.

In recent years I have lost both parents & other family members plus a much loved dog & dare I say it a goat. But these are private matters that are outside the terms of reference to a MV forum. If these things have to be shared in public that it is more for the realm of what they call 'social media'.

Personally I am not comfortable with the idea. I understand it but I think it is a private matter. I think it is kind of fellow members to let us all know if we have lost someone, it is then up to us how we handle that on an individual basis.

We need to keep focused on what HMVF is - a historic military vehicle forum. As I said above, I have no issues at all with folks postings up that we have lost someone but think we would lose a bit of dignity if we had a permanent board for it.

Dear Jack,

Obituaries get posted anyway in such places as MV chatter, so they could have gone in Obituaries.

Two people well known to me and the MV scene have died recently; Tony Oliver, of History on Wheels Museum and Alec Bilney of Ford GPA fame, thats why I raised this point. However I see you point about sensativity so thats the end of it and no offence taken.

Edited by LarryH57

Dear Jack,

Obituaries get posted anyway in such places as MV chatter, so they could have gone in Obituaries.

Two people well known to me and the MV scene have died recently; Tony Oliver, of History on Wheels Museum and Alec Bilney of Ford GPA fame, thats why I raised this point. However I see you point about sensativity so thats the end of it and no offence taken.

Hi Larry,

I hear you and I am as sorry to hear about your loss, like all of us are. We can continue to post them in MV Chatter. If we had a board, I am sure we would upset folks if we removed their posts, if lets say, it was with regards to current conflicts.

Warm reagrds,

Jack.