Brad Pitt in a Sherman :) own up now , whos is it !? :)

RattlesnakeBob

...found a little news item on Mr brad Pitt and some rather good pictures of him tearing about the English countryside in a very nice Sherman HVSS ........ does anyone on here own it ? :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2411476/Brad-Pitt-hide-excitement-takes-tank-driving-lesson-peaceful-English-countryside.html

What intrigues me is that he was apparently being "instructed". Instructed in what I wonder, as he wasn't actually driving?

Andy

Perhaps it was a bit of familiarisation in how the vehicle moves and operates.

I remember hearing that on the set of Das Boot, the director had the cast running up and down the boat for several days before filming started so that when they started they were completely used to being inside, swinging through hatches, etc.

It made for a very good series/film (though the series was better :) )

As he plays the tank commander in this film - I don't think driving is essential at this juncture and I hope he gets a haircut and reprises his accent from Inglorious Bar Stewards - at least so we can get him pulling pints in our club house. When I was at W&PR I happened to be present when a gentleman who is apparently one of the producers made an appearance and he was very entertaining for several reasons way beyond the advertising pages of the Daily Bile or even Cage & Aviary Birds. He wore a very fetching fashionista designed cammo outfit. We got the impression he thought everyone at the racecourse was available for hire, but this is being unkind, because I can't see how a couple of Tonibell icecream vans will be a match for the Bovington Tiger, which he claimed is in the movie. What worries me is where this leaves room for the legendary figures of Jack Beckett and characters of the tank dust such as our chum Johnnie Oddball, but who am I to guess with most of my brain residing in a Southend On Sea fish stall? All will become known. I hope it's good and hope all the people who know what they are doing are listened to. After all, there was once this Horse and it went to war... see other another two threads. Blub/Snigger (delete to suit). Thirteen Shermans? Is that the same as Twelve Monkeys? Jack you could be in it and deliver your Sherman on the Mount again. Proper drama. I'll buy that for a dollar!

As he plays the tank commander in this film - I don't think driving is essential at this juncture and I hope he gets a haircut and reprises his accent from Inglorious Bar Stewards - at least so we can get him pulling pints in our club house. When I was at W&PR I happened to be present when a gentleman who is apparently one of the producers made an appearance and he was very entertaining for several reasons way beyond the advertising pages of the Daily Bile or even Cage & Aviary Birds. He wore a very fetching fashionista designed cammo outfit. We got the impression he thought everyone at the racecourse was available for hire, but this is being unkind, because I can't see how a couple of Tonibell icecream vans will be a match for the Bovington Tiger, which he claimed is in the movie. What worries me is where this leaves room for the legendary figures of Jack Beckett and characters of the tank dust such as our chum Johnnie Oddball, but who am I to guess with most of my brain residing in a Southend On Sea fish stall? All will become known. I hope it's good and hope all the people who know what they are doing are listened to. After all, there was once this Horse and it went to war... see other another two threads. Blub/Snigger (delete to suit). Thirteen Shermans? Is that the same as Twelve Monkeys? Jack you could be in it and deliver your Sherman on the Mount again. Proper drama. I'll buy that for a dollar!

I happen to count the Producer in question, the Director and Production designer as mates. And trust me they are hardcore militaria collectors who have a passion for detail as well as producing good films. Not sure about the fashionista designed cammo outfit as it was an original 60's ERDL jacket topped by an original tigerstripe or ERDL boonie if I recall ;)

I have read the script and its damm good, pretty brutal but good.

I happen to count the Producer in question, the Director and Production designer as mates. And trust me they are hardcore militaria collectors who have a passion for detail as well as producing good films. Not sure about the fashionista designed cammo outfit as it was an original 60's ERDL jacket topped by an original tigerstripe or ERDL boonie if I recall ;)

I have read the script and its damm good, pretty brutal but good.

Then I wonder who this bloke was then? I wish I'd snapped him now.