Water proof grease

I have been asked if anyone can help with a source of water proof grease for a Fire Engine. The stuff looks white in appearance. Its for a relative of someone my Daughter works with, who now owns a Fire Engine. Can anyone help?

Duckhams Keenol I have used this for years, think this is no longer available but try this link !!!

http://marinestore.co.uk/page/mrst/PROD/misc--oils-and-greases/MT68213/

R Cubed

this grease is no longer available duckhams stopped making it years ago, you can try Unipart waterproof grease this is suitable for underwater use for stern drives etc and should be able to use this for fire engines as well can also be used for trailer wheel and

can be obtained from most chandlers, I know that marine store stock this as we supply it to them contact tel no. 01621 854280 very helpful people.

Mrs T20

I work in the marine industry and we used to stock Keenol but now have Morris K99 waterproof grease. we use it in all the wheel bearings and trailer axels that get regularly submerged... in salt water... and it seems to do the buisiness. ;-)

I work in the marine indistry and we used to stock Keenol but now have Morris K99 waterproof grease. we use it in all the wheel bearings and trailer axels that get regularly sumberged... in salt water... and it seems to do the buisiness. ;-)

I'd go with the marine idea. Where the propellor shaft passes through the hull of a yacht, the stern gland needs to be kept sealed and lubricated, which (in my day anyway) involved a couple of turns on a tap every morning to pack more grease in.

"Lubricating the stern gland" as a first parade action every day always brought a smile to people's faces. I really cannot think why.

"Lubricating the stern gland" as a first parade action every day always brought a smile to people's faces. I really cannot think why.

Because no one wants a weeping stern gland :-D

Oh the jokes we have at work........ha ha ha ha....thud