(Removed)

LightningCato

I couldn't see the video but good for you ;-)

I like the fact that you are going to learn how to restore vehicles like this. That's what will help keep the history alive Do you have piccies you can post up here?

Dear Lee

You did well to get across your view point and not have it skewed or twisted and put on the news.

I'm thinking that you have some family help with that!

Nice artwork / drawings you do.

Hope you have a manual for the OT90!

Robin

A couple of years back the RTR (Royal Tank Regiment) Took a couple of CVR(T) over to Jersey as the new Lt Govenor had been Colnel of the Regiment. Most answered question 'No it's not a tank it's a reconnassince vehicle'. :D

Oh I'll bet that drove the tankies potty!!! :D

I have given up trying to explain and now just say, yes it's a tank....!

congrats.. welcome to the awesome world of the ot-90..

so when you gonna swim it then?

btw my ot-90 hull number is 275 yours must have come from excaliber army in CZ?

Edited by ot-90

Brilliant! I see that US journalists aren't any more accurate than the ones in the UK when it comes to "tank". ;)

Andy

I remember once seeing a set of photos purporting to show how great the US Armed Forces (I hate hearing people using the adjective "military" as a noun) were at shooting up Soviet kit in Afghanistan. The series was entitled "US jets destroy BMP" or somesuch. I spent some time picking holes in the article that went with the photos before I noticed that the "BMP" had wheels.

Still that was poor journalism. I remember a Household Cavalryman (cannot remember whether it was pre-Granby or pre-Telic) was hosting a bunch of US airmen around the unit to familiarise themselves with CVR(T)s (maybe on reflection it was Telic, to avoid what happened on Granby). Imagine how the cavalryman felt when a pilot chipped in, "Gee you guys drive BMPs?"

I remember once seeing a set of photos purporting to show how great the US Armed Forces (I hate hearing people using the adjective "military" as a noun) were at shooting up Soviet kit in Afghanistan. The series was entitled "US jets destroy BMP" or somesuch. I spent some time picking holes in the article that went with the photos before I noticed that the "BMP" had wheels.

<snipped>

Ah - BTR's then... :cheesy: