password hell

marmon

Question

Any particular reason I have to change my password every 202 days! I don't with my banks I don't with dozens of other businesses and sites, there are only a certain number of brain sells left at my age and if they are all trying to remember new hmvf passwords I doubht I will remember the way home...

14 answers to this question

I do hit remember me but then I get the password older than 202 days so I go to change it but it doesn't remember me and I cant remember it to re enter the same new one I entered 202 days ago....

Going to take an aspirin and have a lay down. Like I said my bank entrusts my €15,57 to one 5 year old password!

Any thanks to the pair of you the tips im sure ill figure it out after some sleep!

Yep TBH iI find this a bit of a pain,is there no way to disable that feature,this is the ONLY forum I know of that does it.

Why is it a pain? it takes a couple of seconds to change your password & you can change it back again at any time if you wish..

Why is it a pain? it takes a couple of seconds to change your password & you can change it back again at any time if you wish..

I suppose in the same way it used to be a pain for Jack to petrol in "a mans truck" or make sure the wheel nuts were tight.......:D

There always seems something better to doin life............dont you think ?;)

Two old guys talking, one says 'I use INCORRECT as my computer password. That way, if I ever forget it and enter a wrong password the computer tells me my password is INCORRECT'.

I wanted to use PEN15 as my password, but depressingly, the computer told me my password was not long enough.

I have to admit, I like changing passwords. Yes it is annoying but I run my own site for Pinzgauers and you have to be extremely vigilant or they take over peoples accounts and start offering links so you can get a bigger pen15 :D

As the spammers use software to crack in I have to wait until new members complain so that I can let them in. If they don't complain they must be spam. My traffic is small but I would get 20 hits a week from these twits.