Hi from Salerno, South Italy!

Hi to everyone from Salerno1943! My name is Matteo (Matthew in english) and I'm a researcher of historical association SALERNO 1943. More info about us you can find here www.1943salerno.it

I often find part of WWII military vehicle on Salerno's battlefield. and I hope this forum can help me to identify them.

I'm not fluently in english language (please excuse me!).

All the best, Matteo!

• 11 months later...

Bonjourno...Believe me English is not always English, as long as we see pictures and can figure out the meaning we are good, I have to have a translator sometimes, since I speak American English and have British, Australian, Scottish, Welsh and Kiwi accents and words here where I work.... Welcome aboard.

Welcome to the forum.... My grandfather fought in Salerno, he landed there during the Salerno landings for Operation Avalanche :)

Welcome ,

My grandfather was also in action in Salerno , he was in the same unit as Richies grandfather . 2nd Btn Royal Scott's Fusiliers . Ritchie's grandfather was a carrier driver in the carrier platoon mine was the REME LAD fitter that was permanatly attached to the carrier platoon and went into action with the guys as well .

Looking forward to to reading your posts on here ?