Any tanks in Lincolnshire ?

mighty antar

"Flirt II" MkIV at the Museum of Lincolnshire Life.

There's http://www.marcusglenn.com/ near Spalding, he's got a Stuart (for sale too).

If you pop over the border into Notts,there's a Chieftain outside the paintball/Go-cart place at Ancaster, near Grantham.

Couple of FV432s at the cafe on the A17 at Fleet Hargate.

"Flirt II" MkIV at the Museum of Lincolnshire Life.

There's http://www.marcusglenn.com/ near Spalding, he's got a Stuart (for sale too).

If you pop over the border into Notts,there's a Chieftain outside the paintball/Go-cart place at Ancaster, near Grantham.

Couple of FV432s at the cafe on the A17 at Fleet Hargate.

thanks will check it out:D

stu.

In addition, there was a Chieftain at the entrance to the Manby complex, I think most of the armour at Manby has now moved on, Robert Crawford has his Sherman tractor near Boston, not seen the Centurion near Coningsby for many years, was a runner, maybe still stored, and also what may pass thru Withams at Colsterworth. Mr Woods M4 High Speed Tractor is local to Lincs too I believe.

Jon

In addition, there was a Chieftain at the entrance to the Manby complex, I think most of the armour at Manby has now moved on, Robert Crawford has his Sherman tractor near Boston, not seen the Centurion near Coningsby for many years, was a runner, maybe still stored, and also what may pass thru Withams at Colsterworth. Mr Woods M4 High Speed Tractor is local to Lincs too I believe.

Jon

Thanks Jon will have a look at Crawfords:)

Manby is going to look weird not having the tank at the entrance.

there is also a beach relic near mablethorpe and theddlethorpe beach, you should find it with google.

think it was a target for 20mm airplane guns.

That relic is on a old range which people think is disused but it still has the occasional use. I did some dems on Harrier ejection seat carts about 6 years ago, I had a look at the wreck and theres not much left of it. I dont even know what it was, the EOD guys there reckoned it was known as a Churchill but even I could tell it wasn't. If I remember correctly I think it had either a 4 cylinder or V8 engine (Its been a while). If anyone wants to have a look at it, its on Theddlethorpe range, and can be seen on google earth as a rectangle and is quite obvious once you see it.

i know the americans use donna nook as training site. i am not allowed to take home shiny bits of metal as it may be unexploded ordnance.

i still have to see the remnants of the tank, i only live here officialy since the 17th of january.

i will keep my eyes out for tanks and other gear, like the old 101fc ambulance and bedford that stood at a farm in saltfleetby (i dare to say it as they are gone now) and i plan to bring my toys over too.

cheers,

new country member , Arjan