Recovery, Breakdown etc

diggerdog36

Sorry again for the dumb questions, but as some of you may know we are looking at getting an FV432.

My concerns are if it breaks down, and it cant be fixed at the roadside, how do I get it back to its storage?

Are there companies specifically for recovering larger vehicles or MV's?

Also, what if I throw a track, or worse both!! Is it a case of being a 14tonne uncontrollable wrecker?

Sorry again for the dumb questions, but as some of you may know we are looking at getting an FV432.

My concerns are if it breaks down, and it cant be fixed at the roadside, how do I get it back to its storage?

Are there companies specifically for recovering larger vehicles or MV's?

Also, what if I throw a track, or worse both!! Is it a case of being a 14tonne uncontrollable wrecker?

With regards to your 3rd question," throwing a track" is a term not to be taken literally, mostly this reffers to a situation of "de-tracking" where the track comes over the idler or drive sprocket but not completely off. It usually causes a situation where the suspension is compressed and the track is jammed. If the vehicle is properly maintained and driven de-tracking is highly unlikely. De-tracking 2 tracks is near imposible as you would have carried on after the first one for that to happen.