Why doesn't the search function work?

Doc76016

Question

I can't seem to get the search function to work properly. Specifically, if I search all forums and posts for "fox" nothing is found. However, I know that there at least a few posts containing "fox" because I have made them and have received replies containing "fox". It's probably something simple I'm overlooking, right?

mdh

10 answers to this question

I've noticed this before and wondered if it was just me. Interestingly it also appears to vary depending where you are in the Forum (and no, I'm not using the thread search, just the generic one at the top of the site).

Andy

Not sure wot is going on but for the last week when i type in TODAYS POSTS it is taking anything from 1 to 4mins 25 secs before anything comes up, never like that before and it tells me the search took o.10 secs.

Sounds like an issue with your PC, we are now on a new dedicated server..

The search word has to be at least 4 letters long, the way to get round that is to add a wildcard like fox*

I had the same issue looking for "CMP" or "FGT". I didnt realise you could use the wildcards either.

One alternative is to use google using the site filter. e.g. search terms of "site:hmvf.co.uk CMP FGT"

I had the same issue looking for "CMP" or "FGT". I didnt realise you could use the wildcards either.

One alternative is to use google using the site filter. e.g. search terms of "site:hmvf.co.uk CMP FGT"[/]

And I learn yet another helpful trick! Thank you.

mdh