Suppliers of countersunk coach bolts 5/16 x2 inch ?

AndyFowler

Andy - I reckon you're looking for csk bolts with the square shank underneath the head and no slot. Do a search for Plough bolts (or Plow bolts if you eat giant burgers and drove a CCKW in the war).

They are available from 8mm dia. which is what you need (oh come on, who's going to know if they're metric or not? :cool2:)

What about these, come in various sizes, I've used them and you can fill in the socket if you want, no one will know...specially after we have all stomped about up there having a look with our muddy boots on....http://m.screwfix.com/p/socket-countersunk-screws-a2-stainless-steel-m6-x-25mm-pack-of-50/37791

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by gritineye

What about these, come in various sizes, I've used then and you can fill in the socket if you want, no one will know....http://m.screwfix.com/p/socket-countersunk-screws-a2-stainless-steel-m6-x-25mm-pack-of-50/37791

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bolts that hold teeth on digger buckets are like this and quite often imperial

Call Arun Fasteners in West Sussex. I use them for all the weird and wonderful threads, sizes and oddities I need for the family collection of vehicles. As they are used heavily by classic car owners they are well used to getting odd requests for obscure stuff.

Ford Lane, Ford, Arundel, West Sussex BN18 0DF

Tel: 01243 551484

Thanks Rob , rang them today a couple of times but unable to get through ! The "Fred Dibnah" suppliers don't have anything small enough but gave the number of their sister company who are getting back to me tomorrow ! If they can't help I'll try your suggestion again tomorrow ! :-D Just saw your AEC on the CCMV site here http://ccmv.aecsouthall.co.uk/p268914200/h39345cdc#h39345cdc ! Lovely photo ! :-D

Well - if you win the lottery you could get them from a Caterpillar main dealer. 3/8 UNC x 2" part no. 4F4048. But unfortunately the head face has a very slightly domed profile.

I'd be tempted to go with Gritineye's CSK Allen key cap screws and fill the hex recess in - I might even be tempted to dab a blob of weld on each head and grind off flush. Second thoughts there are just too many to contemplate that :-D. Also if wood shrinks it may be difficult to tighten the nut further.

Well - if you win the lottery you could get them from a Caterpillar main dealer. 3/8 UNC x 2" part no. 4F4048. But unfortunately the head face has a very slightly domed profile.

I'd be tempted to go with Gritineye's CSK Allen key cap screws and fill the hex recess in - I might even be tempted to dab a blob of weld on each head and grind off flush. Second thoughts there are just too many to contemplate that :-D. Also if wood shrinks it may be difficult to tighten the nut further.

Thanks Tony , that may well be my last resort if all these leads don't turn up the right ones ! :-D

Andy, if you do go the CSK Socket Screw route, try these folk - not far from you and you'll have a job top beat the prices (if you don't mind having Chinese fasteners on Daisy.......just nip that nut up a bit more :cheesy:).

Galvanised £26 inc vat per 100, BZP £12 inc vat per 100

http://www.parkertools.co.uk/Form/FIX/CSS/ACS/Countersunk+Socket+Screws