Dont Forget an Hours less sleep tonight!

Rover8FFR

I must admit I sign up to something I read many years ago about the clocks going backwards and forwards every year .....

apparently the system was being explained to an old Native American Indian once and he said , what is probably the most sensible thing ever said on the subject and which sums up my thoughts entirely..........

"Only the white man could be stupid enough to think cutting an hour off the start of the day and adding it onto the end of the day would make a day any longer than it already is"

:cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

besides......

would I be correct in saying it has only been done since the First World War......the same as licensing laws governing the opening of alcoholic estalishments ??????????

I must admit I sign up to something I read many years ago about the clocks going backwards and forwards every year .....

apparently the system was being explained to an old Native American Indian once and he said , what is probably the most sensible thing ever said on the subject and which sums up my thoughts entirely..........

"Only the white man could be stupid enough to think cutting an hour off the start of the day and adding it onto the end of the day would make a day any longer than it already is"

:cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

besides......

would I be correct in saying it has only been done since the First World War......the same as licensing laws governing the opening of alcoholic estalishments ??????????

Earler than that! First propsed 1907 by William Willet who lived in Petts Wood just up the road from me. Parliment got into the act in 1916, late as usual. :D

Got caught out myself on the old forwarding the clock an hour. Completely forgot to do it before I went to bed & should have changed ALL the clocks in the house. Got up the next day to attand a Militaria Fair in a local village hall. I had been donated a stall for My British Legion Wares. Thought I would attend a Car Bootfair as it's right on my Doorstep, so to speak, first.

Got to the Bootfair & though to myself, 'There's an Awful LOT of people here for 7am in the Morning!' looked around, bought some Military items & went on to my venue approx 8am.

Got to the hall & saw that it was full up & all stalls laid out. 'Blimey'! i thought, 'They got up at the crack of dawn, why?'

Then the organiser asked me If I had forgotten to put my clocks forward an hour..............

Red face & 'Bugger' was the word of the Morning!..........