Slab Common Bordon

Nice video The Belarus is a hoot to drive. It seems like it will go anywhere! Shame there were only a few vehicles down there It could do with being publised more. Maybe it the cost of fuel as there seemed to be only a few 4X4's as well.

It sometimes seems there arn't many vehicles there but on a large site they get spread out more. And also the membership fee is quite steep and with the driveround it comes up to around £60 quid plus all the fuel money to then it will come to quite a lot which might put a few people off. We might have the 101 down there next month.

Given the cost of land purchasing in the UK and your land taxes I think you are darn lucky to have such an area owned by your own government where they would let you go wallying around in your hardware (no Tony that wasn't specifically aimed at you!) to your hearts content.

As long as they require insurance and you have it I cant see what difference it makes as to whether it was wheeled or tracked.

Knowing history though . . . some clown is bound to screw up and get the lot of you chucked off, so peer pressure and self policing are likely going to be key to allowing the practice to continue or not. Just watch the hullaballo when someone pukes a final drive in a wet spot and sheen grows on the water . . .

R

popped down to the Heavy drive round on sunday to have a play in the Belarus Bumped into Paul with his Ural.

here are a couple pictures

Wow thats an amazing bit of kit there mate, very impressed. How long have you owned it, any others available in the UK??

thanks

Ben

Would I be right in thinking that the Belarus is an early model 1502? The 1502 was sold in the UK in the late '70s wearing a white/orange livery and a different cab. I suspect very few sold. Nice machine.

How does Slab common work? Is it an 'all comers' event or are there light vehicle days and heavy days, or clubs? I'm asking as I'm reasonably local and always looking for somewhere to run quads.

Thanks.

Hi Hair Bear,

The Belarus is a 700A with a 15.5 litre V8 diesel Turbo charged Kraz engine, ( 1 book i read said it was 350 bhp !!! ),

It weighs 13 tons, It has 805 hours on the clock,

There's a brilliant video on youtube,( that i couldn't upload ) See previous post, Perhaps a more forum literate person

could ?

OK, guys !

I have seen all your messages - yes, You are right: this tractor is "go-anywhere !" (well - almost anywhere).

But You all make one big mistake: this big yellow tractor have the name "KIROVETS" - and NOT "Belarus" !

(When You read or say this name, You must accent on "I" letter - Kirovets).

Now see here:

"Belarus" is usual "not big" agricultural and universal purpose tractor:

mtz-82.1-1.jpg

See more links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belarus_(tractor)

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=belarus+tractor&oq=belarus+tractor&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&gs_l=youtube.3..0l10.2238l6878l0l7294l15l15l0l6l6l0l106l939l0j9l9l0.

And so on.

Your tractor is "Kolossal" and much heavier.

1248619384_405019.jpg

It is "Kirovets" heavy tractor. First "Kirovets" tractor was produced in 1962; mass production of this tractor was established from 1969.

It has several main models:

- K-700 with 220 h. p. engine (produced from 1962 until 1975);

- K-700A with 235 h. p. engine (produced from 1975 until 2002);

- K-701 with 300 h. p. engine (produced from 1975 until 2002);

- K-702;

- K-703;

- K-704;

- K-744 (modern version, from 2002).

These models had many versions for many purposes.

See the links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7lAdDOhjxA - different versions from first to latest are shown;

- History of manufacture of "Kirovets" tractor - video from 1977 - 150 000 of these tractors were produced to this date !

- Finnish "Kirovets". See also other videos on this page !

And - Yes, this tractor has double main mission: first mission - agricultural and industrial purposes; second mission - military purposes (as artillery tractors). But these tractors were never used on military roles. They were used as artillery tractors during pre-production trials only.

Hello from Russia !

Regards,

Modello.

Edited by modello

OK, guys !

I have seen all your messages - yes, You are right: this tractor is "go-anywhere !" (well - almost anywhere).

But You all make one big mistake: this big yellow tractor have the name "KIROVETS" - and NOT "Belarus" !

(When You read or say this name, You must accent on "I" letter - Kirovets).

Now see here:

"Belarus" is usual "not big" agricultural and universal purpose tractor:

mtz-82.1-1.jpg

See more links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belarus_(tractor)

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=belarus+tractor&oq=belarus+tractor&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&gs_l=youtube.3..0l10.2238l6878l0l7294l15l15l0l6l6l0l106l939l0j9l9l0.

And so on.

Your tractor is "Kolossal" and much heavier.

1248619384_405019.jpg

It is "Kirovets" heavy tractor. First "Kirovets" tractor was produced in 1962; mass production of this tractor was established from 1969.

It has several main models:

- K-700 with 220 h. p. engine (produced from 1962 until 1975);

- K-700A with 235 h. p. engine (produced from 1975 until 2002);

- K-701 with 300 h. p. engine (produced from 1975 until 2002);

- K-702;

- K-703;

- K-704;

- K-744 (modern version, from 2002).

These models had many versions for many purposes.

See the links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7lAdDOhjxA - different versions from first to latest are shown;

- History of manufacture of "Kirovets" tractor - video from 1977 - 150 000 of these tractors were produced to this date !

- Finnish "Kirovets". See also other videos on this page !

And - Yes, this tractor has double main mission: first mission - agricultural and industrial purposes; second mission - military purposes (as artillery tractors). But these tractors were never used on military roles. They were used as artillery tractors during pre-production trials only.

Hello from Russia !

Regards,

Modello.

Cheers Modello nice few links on this one. Defo has a Belarus badge on the back(would they be licence built for other places?

Tony

How does Slab common work? Is it an 'all comers' event or are there light vehicle days and heavy days, or clubs? I'm asking as I'm reasonably local and always looking for somewhere to run quads.

Thanks.

Slab common is a MOD training ground, the heavy vehicle trial was run by the All wheel drive club for club members, don't think they cater for quad bikes, you need to join a bike/quad club that might run similar organised events, you can only drive legally on military land at a club run event, don't be tempted to trespass on any Military land, military police could confiscate your quad bikes

Edited by Nick Johns

Cheers Modello nice few links on this one. Defo has a Belarus badge on the back(would they be licence built for other places?

Dear Tony !

A "Belarus" badge on "Kirovets" - it is made by seller for joke, only for sweet little joke ! :-D:-D:-D

Having watched the video again, yes I can see now that your beastie is much bigger than a 1500.

Thanks Nick, I was aware of Slab being MOD and the accompanying restrictions, as part of a quad club we're always on the lookout for somewhere new, but we always seem to come up short when asking who to contact about aranging access. I've even tried going to an event as a spectator to see if I could find out what was involved in staging an event there and as soon as you start asking who, or what department to make first enquiry to I was either ignored or told to move on. Still, we live in hope...!

• 10 months later...